Sharing a receipt printer for Bar and Kithen

Helen Goodyear
Helen Goodyear Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Point of Sale
A bar has 2 tills (one upstairs one downstairs), can Till A (downstairs bar) which has its own receipt printer, print out on Till B's (upstairs bar) receipt printer. The Till B receipt printer we want to use for the kitchen (as it is side by side) orders. Can this be done? They are on POS PRO, Thanks

Comments

• Helen Goodyear
    edited September 2016
    Hi Andrew. Sorry OK. In the bar downstairs they will take orders for the kitchen upstairs. They want to print to their own receipt printer downstairs and also to the bar upstairs receipt printer. This printer upstairs is stationed on the kitchen bench inside the upstairs bar and will be connected to the POS machine in that bar.  I think I basically want to set up the upstairs bars receipt printer as a kitchen printer and have the downstairs bar be able to print to it. I don't want to have 3 printers only 2. ie: not a seperate printer just for the kitchen. Thanks Helen

• Helen Goodyear
    edited September 2016
    In essence then, can 2 pos terminals share the same receipt printer? With one of the pos terminals only having a receipt printer

• Helen Goodyear
    edited September 2016
    Hi Kevin, yes they will be networked
  • Helen Goodyear
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Andrew thats great