Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 23 September 2016 - RESOLVED

13»

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi all,

Rectifying this issue continues to be the number one priority for us right now.

Unfortunately, remedial action taken so far has proven ineffective. Our IT team are continuing their investigation and formulation of resolution options.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ETA on this at the moment however as soon as this becomes clear I will share it with the thread.

Thank you all for hanging in there with us so far, we're hearing all your feedback and frustration and working hard to get back online ASAP.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2016
    Hi Sue, Do you mean from Hosted back to Desktop? You will need to speak to Reckon about that as Hosted is based on Reckon Enterprise which means you will 1) Need to retrieve your file 2) Have Enterprise installed on your local computers. Then just download the backup off Hosted and restore it on your Desktop/
  • Nick 'Snowdog' Owens
    Nick 'Snowdog' Owens Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2016
    Interesting, a colleague is telling me that Reckon stated in a big brief that all the servers were located in Australia.
  • Jeffrey Arana_7451558
    Jeffrey Arana_7451558 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2017
    Seems it is back up now. Checking and doing adhoc backups now. Thanks
  • Brenda Hauser
    Brenda Hauser Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Any updates as to when this will be fixed??

• Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK... dare I say it... I'm in !!  2.27pm
  • Catie DiverHemsworth
    Catie DiverHemsworth Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    Yeh I am on

• Vanessa Lander
    Vanessa Lander Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    Thank you finally can get in, can you let us know what the problem was
  • Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2016
    It's fixed.
  • Nathan Elcoate
    edited September 2016
    The issue is resolved, and the data is hosted in Australia.
  • Catie DiverHemsworth
    edited September 2016
    don't hold your breath mine just shut down again
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    *UPDATE - 2:40pm*

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reports of now being able to access Hosted successfully.

I'm still awaiting the official word on this before confirming this issue is resolved so we're not quite there yet but are making progress.

Stay tuned.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Catie DiverHemsworth
    edited September 2016
    Mine just shut down but I was able to log out and log back in
  • Natalie Elliott
    Natalie Elliott Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    I hope your team  have luck retifying the IT issue soon. I know nothing is ever straightforward in life with software and computers and issues take time to isolate and fix.
    Natalie
  • Sue_7036019
    Sue_7036019 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    Agree, just started working. We are going back to desktop as we can't waste time and just don't need this kind of drama in our lives. Reckon clearly have bugs ... we have just gone back to online after 12 months for this to happen. Big mistake!!
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Glitches can always happen we just need to learn to be more tolerant .in the same business of hosting servers my self .

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• SusanR
    SusanR Accredited Partner Posts: 30 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2016
    Jenny, I really love how you put things into perspective!  Although Reckon have had an issue today with Hosted, the team on the front have managed to be transparent and I am so appreciative of the regular updates.  This has made communicating and explaining to my clients so much easier and smoother.  Huge thanks to Rav and Team Reckon.
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    *UPDATE - 3:15pm*

Hi again everyone,

I'm very happy to advise that I've received official confirmation that this issue is now resolved.

The team are continuing to monitor to ensure full stability however at this stage everything is looking good.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and hanging in there during no doubt an extremely frustrating time.

If you do continue to experience any issues, please log off any active remote sessions via the Control Panel, Logoff (using the Logout option) and retry.
    Alternatively, please get in touch with our Hosted support team to speak to a technician.

Thanks
    Rav

• Michael Day-Nielsen
    Michael Day-Nielsen Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    It's good the issue has been resolved, but what was the cause of the outage ?

There has been some speculation as to the reason, but an official explanation would help to retain some confidence in the Reckon online solution.

We are now looking at options to move back to a local server setup, these lengthy outages cause problems not only for our accounts people, but also in distribution and shipping and then ultimately delays for our customers.

I understand that system outages can never be totally avoided, but to have this many users down for approx. 4.5 hrs (10 - 2.30) is not really acceptable.

As Sue Miller pointed out in an earlier post, redundancy and automatic failover should have had this solved much sooner ..

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Michael, We'll be conducting a debrief on today's events to discuss what went wrong, how we fixed it and what we're going to do in future to avoid it occurring again. At this stage I don't have a great deal of detail but once this concludes I'll be able to share root cause info etc. I'm not a techie but from what I understand so far, and my conversations with the team working on the issue today, the causes that have been speculated on earlier in this thread are incorrect. Info on the above will follow next week. Cheers Rav

• Sue_7036019
    Sue_7036019 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    AS requested previously please provide clear details on how to return to hosted on the desktop. 
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Sue  With respect, suggest you contact Tech support on 1300 799 150 or email onlinesupport@reckon.com as your request is of a technical nature not a community topic. Could also phone Customer service 1800 732 566 or email customerservice@reckon.com. Not sure if those numbers are available Saturday. May have to wait until Monday.
This discussion has been closed.