My Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 now crashes when I open the program.

Chris Bedford
Chris Bedford Member Posts: 4
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
My Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 now crashes when I open the program. It puts up an 'Unrecoverable Error' dialog box. with the Code: 00000 00000. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Can you try to right click on Reckon icon and choose "Run as Administrator..", if it can be opened, then you can close Reckon and start normally again.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Chris

answer 6 questions for us to understand your environment.  Refer:  http://www.alchester.com.au/contributing-to-reckon-community-support/

Depending on your operating system,  the location of data files, your LAN usage can all have an impact on where to look.  Check for free disk space, sufficient memory,  look in your Windows Event  Viewer for any O/S issues and so forth.  But share with us any recent changes you've made  to your PC, ie: Windows new versions, or overnight updates, or new versions of Anti-Virus......   OR: whether you simply have a corrupted disk file (your QBW file).   

Try to open the SAMPLE COMPANY file to see if that works.  It will help you see if the issue could be your live company file or whether something is wrong with your environment (Operating System + Programs + LAN).

Carefully retain and stash away, the current QBW file  onto an offline storage (say memory stick).  Just copying it will give you the first clue whether the file is OK or not.  COnsider testing the whole Reckon system by restoring a recent backup into a special TEST FOLDER with a different company-name.QBW  and see if that recovered file opens up.  If it does,  then it will point you to thinking the live QBW file is the problem.   Whereas, if a known good QBB backup recovered to a company-TEST.qbw file failing, would suggest the issue is either the RECKON PROGRAM installation OR the operating system environment. 

IE:  Perform a diagnosis approach that changes or removes one variable and see what impact that has on the production process, and that will lead you to the offending issue.

Anyway first things first - what's your operating system, Office Suite, and recent changes (if any).

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”

• Chris Bedford
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Phuong Do,

The program opens with the same result when I choose "Run as Administrator". I found that either way, if I ignore the the dialog box and bring the open program 'to the front' on the desktop, it runs okay with the dialog box still open in the background. But if I close the dialog box, the program shuts down.

Not ideal, but at least it's still working for now.

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Hopefully you have done a recent backup.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Chris

Be worth checking that the file can BACKUP with the VERIFY option turned on.  Good observation you make, Chris, that the program was able to push on.  Almost sounds like a false positive warning (ie: falsely thinking there is some positive error going on, reporting it,  but until you accept the warning,  life goes on.)  Unusual for sure,  but you should double check a few things like do a trial balance and make sure everything looks financially sound before pushing on and not retaining prior backups.

Gary
  • Chris Bedford
    edited October 2016
    Yes, I'll do some checks.

Thanks Gary.

Chris
  • Chris Bedford
    edited October 2016
    Yes, all backed up.

Thanks DebonAir.