Is there anyway to change the price of an item when entering a bill without changing the price for t

Options
Holly Currie
Holly Currie Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is there anyway to change the price of an item when entering a bill without changing the price for that item in the whole system. We frequently buy the same item from another business and have to change the price for the invoice we receive from them. This then changes the price in our sytem and makes it difficult when we complete our own bills or quotes. Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Holly

You can change your preferences to allow a POP-UP screen to ask you whether to change the MASTER version of the ITEM information (ie: description, price),  OR NOT.   Change the preferences setting to 'ask'  as per the bottom of the screenshot here:

Gary Pope

m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

If you make the change in the "Total" column, the system's price is not affected.

Example Item ABCDE, System price is $100.00
    Custom price for this invoice is $95.00
    If the qty is 2 items, change the "Total" amount to $190.00 in the "Total" column
    Price changes in the "Rate" column automatically to $95.00 for the current invoice
    Main System price is not changed

Next time you invoice the same item, price is still $100.00

• Steve Cook
    edited February 2017
    Options

Gary, on a similar note. All my item price changes are done by importing IIF files.
    In the above picture, what setting should I be using ?

I want all prices to be changed by the IIF file unconditionally
    Sometimes my prices are changed by the IIF file, sometimes not ???
    I often find prices that are not consistent with latest IIF import
    EG data in the IIF file is not same as in the item

There are no errors when importing the IIF

With 8000 items in my item list, checking after the IIF import is not an option !

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nice (better) answer Steve!
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Re: Off topic query....     Good question, Steve.     I'd be testing this on a COPY of the file,  but it would appear there are IMPORT 'preferences'  that let you set the overwirte versus retain method.  Any new items from an IIF file will naturally be okay,  but if the IIF file is your MASTER price tool for this question, then the third tick box would be the way to go, it would appear.

In ITEM LIST  --->    Excel  --->   IMPORT  --->  .... 
    then checkout the preferences TAB first....

Gary
    ?
  • Steve Cook
    edited October 2016
    Options

That would work. Need similar options for importing IIF files. I will modify my database to create Excel file instead of IIF. See how it goes...

• Holly Currie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply. I am new to reckon and business in general so I am still trying to find my feet. I will give this a try.
  • Holly Currie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you very much. I never thought of this.
  • Michael Macleod
    Michael Macleod Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You need to clarify the price you are talking about,. When you are buying an item, you are buying it at the cost price and your average cost price will move around depending on the price you buy it at. The system will average the cost out for you automatically and it uses this price to generate a cost of sales and mucking around with this process will cause grief.  The concern you have to have is to ensure that your selling price covers your cost with a reasonable margin. Whatever you buy at  is your cost and by buying off other suppliers, you hope to lower your average cost and to sell for a reasonable margin. The system will look after this basic process provided you input data correctly and ensure your selling prices are doing the job

Michael Macleod
  • Sudhish
    Sudhish Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you for Info.

I checked the settings option provided by you "Ask" which is already selected but Actually I have

clicked "Do not display this message in the future" while entering the bill. So, is there any other chance to bring back the pop up again.

Please Help:)

• gazza73
    Options

Sudhish.... Is it under PREFERENCES for items and inventory, a couple down from GENERAL

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options
  • Sudhish
    Sudhish Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options