Pay Slip Dates

Katrina Tankard
Katrina Tankard Member Posts: 5
I have been using Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 for years now.  Recently when doing payslips an employee requested some payslips from some time back.  When I select the date range in the "Select Pay Slips to Email" page it does it correctly.  Then when I have the correct payslips selected and hit OK, the program now tries to load all payslips I have ever generated.  Sometimes it crashes and other times it has a hernia, but produces the list.  How do I stop the program trying to load all payslips?

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I would simply print the pay detail report for the period you need for this person, explain that it is too difficult to rerun payslips from a prior period and just give the report. If they didn't keep the original, their problem not yours. Reports are sufficient.

However, you can sometimes stop the crash by selecting the To (last) date first then click on the From (first) date, then print or email. If you do this carefully it will work, have done this many times.
  • Katrina Tankard
    edited November 2016

Thank you for the response, but I need to clarify:

I was able to go back and email all of the requested pay slips to my employee.  But now every time I run payroll, it is loading the entire date range as opposed to the range selected.

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    When printing or emailing payslips it will always default to show all payslips for the current month. 
    If it is showing a different period, then I would close the program and reopen it, see if this fixes it, if not, then run a verification or file rebuild.
    It should not be showing a date period longer than this current month.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Katrina, and thanks for your help DebonAir.

I experienced a similar issue with my test file and I found that payslips I did not select but were waiting to email, were ones marked for emailing when created but never sent.  When I sent them and returned to email an old payslip, only my selected payslip appeared for emailing.  

You should clear this emailing queue by:
    1. Turn your Outlook to offline so no emails are sent;
    2. Call up payslips to email
    3. Send them - they will stay in your Outbox as you are offline
    4. Go to Outlook and delete these emails from your Outbox
    5. Turn Outlook on-line.
    Now go and send your singular email.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Katrina Tankard
    edited November 2016

I have run a verification and a file rebuild.  The first screen shows the current month.  I change the dates on this screen to the week required and it shows only the payslips I wish to email.  When I select OK, the program still tries to load all employee payslips from when we took over the business in 2014. 

I am able to de-select the payslips I do not wish to send from the fully generated list, however the system regularly crashes due to the sheer volume of data it is trying to recall.

I am not sure I have the same problem John.  I am only trying to email current payslips now, but ever since I went back to email old ones, I now face this new issue.

• Katrina Tankard
    edited November 2016
    Sorry - I should mention that I do have a very good system and it is the program that crashes ... not my system.
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Thanks John, sometimes there is confusion about the detail. I didn't quite understand.
    The only other alternative is to go to File, Send Forms and delete each email. This can take some time if there are too many selected.

• Katrina Tankard
    edited November 2016

Thank you John.  It took a while to understand what you were talking about.  The program believed that originally when I selected dates from 2014, that all payslips from that period required emailing - not just the ones I selected.  I have followed your instructions and the program has responded properly.  It is now just retrieving the requested date frame.

Thank you to both of you for your time today.  Much appreciated. 

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Great to hear Katrina.