Error importing IIF files

Alexei Behr
Alexei Behr Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm trying to import lists from one company to another using an IIF file but get the message "Error on Line 10: You can't change the type of an account". What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Alexei,

Thanks for your question.  The reason you get this error is because there is an account in the new company file the same name as an account in the IIF file you are importing, but they are of different types.  Rather than trying to fix the IIF file which may take along time its quicker to start a new company file, but when setting it up skip the interview, choose the option "Other None" when it asks how your company is setup and it gives options like Company Tax Return, etc.  Also on the question about your industry chart of accounts choose Other None.  This will give you a clean file with just the 5 mandatory accounts.  You can then import the IIF file for Chart of Accounts and you shouldnt get that message anymore.

Let me know how it goes. 

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Broni K Beerling
    Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2016
    I am getting the same message - how do we import iif file with this happening

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Stuart & Broni,

You'll find steps to resolve this issue in this article.

regards,
    John
  • Broni K Beerling
    Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2017
    John do you know of a way to delete inactive items before I import the item list or do I have to physically sit here and hit edit delete each and every item - I have around 1000 items to delete 
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I found the best way around this was to not select the Tax Code List to export, then all should work easily.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    HI , We do have the stock import tool that can do this , for you , if you wish we can do this for you once off FREE i will need your file
    If you wish to discuss you can call me on 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• dorothy
    dorothy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi

I am using Reckon Account 2013 and have not encountered any problem in importing iif in past 2 years. Now, the program cannot perform. Message prompt:  Encounter problem and the program is shutting down. Please advise.