Choose your own Payment Method

Stuart Wright
Stuart Wright Member Posts: 25
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
I would dearly like to be able to choose from the existing Payment Methods and add my own, as an option in Settings.
For instance you now work so well with PayPal, and are looking at other 3rd party payment providers as options, it would be good to include them.
I also find the inclusion of American Express and other credit and debit providers too much as a small provider, I do not have the need for offering those services,
Lastly, perhaps there could be a report built on the popularity of each payment type.

Comments

• Prashant Thakur
    Prashant Thakur Alumni Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your post and Welcome to Reckon community.

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions.However, currently you can only select from the options available under payment services. We will let you know if any other 3rd party providers are added as a payment option in future.

Regards,

Prashant Thakur
  • Stuart Wright
    edited July 2017
    For background, mine is a not for profit group, selling services only, not products. We are using a club account at the bank that has limited functionality. PayPal, integrated with R1 is great, and my request is just an idea that would make my job easier.
  • Stuart Wright
    edited December 2016
    Stay on topic gents. Who you use is your choice.
  • BWPanda
    BWPanda Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Adding/editing payment types would be a nice feature. Having the ability to remove unnecessary types like the credit cards and cheque would make it simpler for small organisations, and the ability to add new payment types, such as Direct Debit, would be great.
  • Jean_10862158
    Jean_10862158 Member Posts: 47

I too, would like to add to and amend customer payment methods. Coming from Reckon desktop to Reckon One, I find the latter is very limited.

• Jean_10862158

The reason is, that the automotive engineer is the one who does invoicing, he does it while out and about doing jobs. He also marks off some payments, I check a couple of times a month to make sure they are all entered.. He used to have an old Quickbooks but it was resident on his laptop and he wouldn't learn how to send me the backup or the reports I needed. His choice to get an online program so then I can download what I need & not bother him. I do all the accounting on Reckon Accounts Plus, with his sales and payments all to one customer called "all customers", since if I want detail I can go to his version. I don't particularly want to work on his version because I have seen how he enters new items for sale, some get expense codes, he has no idea and won't learn. I would end up pulling my hair out. Luckily he is extremely good at his work, I feel it is best to make do. I have just set up enough in Reckon One for him to do invoices and receive payments and I am trying to make it have more in line of what he is used to.

• Jean_10862158

I myself, am sticking with the Reckon Accounts Plus 2021, his Quickbooks was always separate from mine. Works well that he does not have a chance to corrupt my accounts. Thanks for the offer to discuss.

• Jean_10862158

I know it is not the same. I use Reckon desktop, engineer just wants an invoice program. I don't want to use what he uses, which is why he used my very old Quickbooks before it changed to Reckon, The two never were meant to be compatible. Now I have got him on to Reckon One, and I still don't want it to be compatible with what I use.

All I was asking about was to try and refine/adjust some of the things in Reckon One for which I have no previous experience.