Fixing the number of characters in the Bank Data Feeds

Melinda Jane Koth
Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Accounts Hosted
When is Reckon going to fix the number of characters that are coming in on Bank Data feeds.
When it appears in our transaction listing the crucial part of the transaction description is cut of
I know the issue is caused by the number of characters that the banks send through.
Every other accounting package seems to be able to strip out the excess data. When is Reckon going to update its bank data feeds and strip out the excess data?????

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Melinda,

I'll check in to see if there are any developments or changes in this space with the Development team when they're back on board in the new year.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Melinda Jane Koth
    edited January 2017
    Thanks. Would like to know where this is at please
  • Melinda Jane Koth
    edited February 2017
    Rav, Bump.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2017
    Haven't forgotten about your thread Melinda,

The full Bank Data team are back on board next week and I'll raise with them as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi Melinda,

Just an update,
    Expanding the number of characters is something that has been reported and is on the product improvement wishlist currently, however at this point there are no further advances in development which I can report.

I'll keep you posted when there is any change in this area.

Thanks
    Rav

• Melinda Jane Koth
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Rav for the update. I realise you are only the messenger but for that sort of answer to come back as "on the wishlist" when Bank Data Feeds is a central selling point these days is not just good enough. Can you please provide us with an email of your CEO so this can get addressed sooner rather than later, and please don't give me the contact details for your complaints area as then isn't good enough and your CEO should be answerable for a product that is loosing ground in the market place.
  • Rav
    edited January 2017
    Hi Melinda,

It's best to get in touch with our BankData team directly in relation to this matter and your contact point is bankdata@reckon.com

Thanks
    Rav

• Melinda Jane Koth
    edited July 2017
    Rav, see copy of email below that I received from the Bank Data Team:

Thank you for raising this issue.

Our developers have confirmed that the character limitation on the Payee field in the Downloaded Transactions section of the Online Banking Centre in Reckon Accounts will be increased from its current 32 characters in the 2017 release (due in April 2017). 

The full scope of increase is to 100 characters, but we await final testing for confirmation of the exact size of the field. 

Please refer to our information emails closer to release date for confirmation of changes in the new release
  • Allcity Sawing
    Allcity Sawing Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    I have recently started using Reckon Hosted & the Data Feed and it is still the same!  I downloaded 2 days and of all the transactions downloaded only about 10 were able to be matched straight away,  the rest I had to get details by downloaded a report from NAB, enter them & then match them.  I am using 2017!!!  When will this be fixed???
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Allcity,

Thanks for asking.

The 2017 Tax Table Update for Reckon Accounts 2017 contained an upgrade to the Downloaded Transactions section of the Online Banking Centre to now show 96 characters in the Payee field (up from 32).  You may have to widen the payee column to see the full content.

Downloaded transactions can be either matched to existing entries or added as new entries.

Transaction Rules can make the task of allocating transactions quicker.

Hope this helps

regards,
    John
  • Allcity Sawing
    Allcity Sawing Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    Hi John
    I have followed your instructions and even though I can make the field bigger it still only shows 32 characters!  As I am new to the Bank Feed process I haven't had time as yet to study the process for creating Transaction Rules, is there a video I can use to help me?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Allcity,

I've sent the issue up to our developers for another look.

regards,
    John.