RPP 2016 Trial Bug - Scheduled Paycheck Duplicates Transactions

Richard Nicholas
Richard Nicholas Member Posts: 8
Windows 10 Pro v10.0.14393 - "Paycheck" schedules appears to have a bug - these transactions are duplicated when entered.

Comments

• Richard Nicholas
    edited February 2017
    Sure. We have various "Paycheck Deposit" schedules configured (Within Scheduled Bills). When the time comes to enter them, (Enter button) you are forced to hit Enter twice (The Enter dialog will not disappear until the second time) and the result is that the entry is duplicated. We had the same issue when they setup to "Automatically Enter". (IE we would find ourselves OOB and discover the entries were there twice.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2017
    Hi Richard, welcome to the Reckon Community

Does the issue you've described occur every time you enter the transactions or is it intermittent?

Has it worked correctly at all since downloading the trial?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Richard Nicholas
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, I "think" it's been there the entire trial - but I do have a vague recollection of thinking it went away for a while (sorry I can't be 100% certain though). We have tried deleting those schedules and re-adding but no joy.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for that Richard,

I'll download the trial to my personal Windows 10 laptop this evening and see if I can replicate the issue you've described.

In the meantime, any chance you could perform a clean uninstall & reinstall of the program and let me know if the issue persists after that?

Info on this here - Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Richard Nicholas
    edited January 2017
    I'll give that a go tonight and let you know Rav - thanks!
  • Richard Nicholas
    edited January 2017
    Hi Rav, I've followed the instructions and re-installed (2017 vers this time). Unfortunately the same issue occurs. To re-create, I deleted the last entered paycheck and backdated the schedule so it would replace the deleted one. I noticed when saving the edit, i had to click save twice. Then when I clicked enter on the transaction, it made the "cha ching" sound effect twice before the dialog closed. (I only clicked enter on it once this time and it was enough to satisfy the window). the transaction however was recorded twice again.
  • Richard Nicholas
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav - have you had any luck recreating this?
  • Rav
    edited January 2017
    Hi mate,

Really sorry for getting back to you so late, no unfortunately I couldn't replicate this on the trial I downloaded last week.

Let me check in with a few colleagues around this for their insight and come back to you

• Rav
    edited January 2017
    Hey again Richard,

Just had a quick word with the Dev folks and unfortunately they haven't come across this issue either but have asked to check off a couple of things.

Firstly, are you able to go into the Sample File and let me know if you experience the same issue there?

Secondly, could you head into the Scheduled Bill list and make sure the transactions don't appear there multiple times? ie. just to check that duplicates haven't been created somehow

Cheers
    Rav

• Richard Nicholas
    edited January 2017
    Hi Rav - yes the same issue happens with the Sample file for a scheduled paycheck. And No, the actual schedules are not duplicated. Hope that helps...
  • Richard Nicholas
    edited February 2017
    Hey Rav...any progress?