can I customize the company snapshot by class

Ruth_8937147
Ruth_8937147 Member Posts: 10
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have two companies running out of the one file divided by class, can I separate the two companies in the company snapshot

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ruth.  Not sure if this will specifically answer your question, but classes only work with income and expenditure accounts and not balance sheet accounts.   John L G.
  • Ruth_8937147
    edited July 2020
    Hi John,

I only want the income/expenses, but I need to separate the two companies so that the historic information is for each company not both

Thanks
  • John Graetz
    edited February 2017
    HI Ruth.  Are you aware that any of the various profit and loss reports can be sorted into classes?  This can be done in an overall profit and loss statement which can be split into class, or separate reports for individual classes.  When you run a P&L report, across the top, above the resultant report is a "tab/heading" called  "columns" and next to that is a drop down box which defaults to "total only".  Click on the down arrow and you will find a range of other options, including "class".  Select that and you can have your report split into classes.
    John L G
  • Ruth_8937147
    edited April 2020
    Thanks John, yes I did know that and actually use that feature, I wanted the company snapshot that has the charts & graphs as it has more visual punch & clarity than standard reports and if I could cutomise it to break down the companies then I would save time by not having to do manual charts/graphs myself.
    Ruth
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    HI Ruth.  I don't use the Company Snapshot myself so have limited knowledge of what can be changed/modified.  However, in having a look around, I cannot see any ability to use classes as a feature for any of the reports which are shown in the Company Snapshot.  In looking further, there only seems to be around three of so reports which provide graphs and only a couple which provide a split for classes.  However, I cannot readily see where they would produce the same sort of information as is included in the company snapshot.  I can certainly see where such flexibility would be useful, and hopefully somebody from Reckon might pick this up and have a look at it.
    John L G.
  • Ruth_8937147
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for having a look for me John, I couldn't find anything poking around either which I why I thought I would ask more advanced users than me. Looks like I will continue with the extra work of doing them manually from the old boring looking reports.
    Many thanks for taking the time to try and help, much appreciated.
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited February 2019
    I need the same function. Let me know if something comes up.