How do I change the date on the report for my first BAS

Lauren Callaghan
Lauren Callaghan Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just registered for GST and have to submit a BAS for the period 8th Dec -31st Dec 2016.
I know how to do a BAS report on Reckon, there is no where that I can see to change the actual date. 

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    which program are you using?

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    if you have the BAS form open, you can click on Config and this will go into the settings
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You can't change the dates; it doesn't matter you are still doing a quarterly BAS (monthly IAS) which is from the 1st Sept to 31 Dec. The fact that you have no transactions prior to 8th Dec is neither here not there.
  • Lauren Callaghan
    edited February 2017
    I am using Reckon Accounts Plus 2014.
    When I press the config button, I can only change the month or year not the actual date ie 8th
  • Lauren Callaghan
    edited February 2017
    I do have prior transactions prior to 8th Dec.
    I think I will hand ball this to my accountant.
    Thank you for your help
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    AH, however if you have registered for GST in the middle of a reporting period then you might have problems and rely on Tax reports rather than the BAS reports. When registering for GST it is best to register and either backdate to the beginning of the last quarter or register for the next quarter coming up; you can call me for advice on 0266834083 if you like
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    The Tax Summary report is the best one to use
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Lauren  You will always only see month and year in config. When you click on the next tab PAYG Instalment, you will see to report by month or quarter. Also you will see Cash or Accrual. Put the Dot on which is your reporting basis.

So if you are doing a Quarterly BAS, in Config you choose October 2016. For monthly BAS December 2016 but you will have to make sure you have put the dot on Monthly.

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    If you have your tax and P&L reports set to show the actual dates you started reporting GST, then you can easily override the details on the Simplified BAS report on your screen and then print it.
    Many times the figures showing on screen can be wrong and will need modifying anyway.
    Once the correct figures are entered, then you can print and keep the file.
    The online BAS at the ATO is manually entered also.