Employee Vanishes in Payroll

Kellie Riek
Kellie Riek Member Posts: 59
edited January 2020 in Accounts Hosted
This hasn't happened to me before. When I did payroll this morning, one of my employees completely vanished from the list. He's there in Employee Center but once I get into payroll, he's gone. It didn't happen last week when I was doing payroll. Is it a common error?

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Kellie, they need to be an 'active' employee to show in payroll. If your employee list is set to 'all employee' then it will show both active and inactive employees and your employee will probably have a X beside him. Just make the employee 'active' and he will show up.
  • Kellie Riek
    edited February 2016
    He is an active employee. I haven
  • Kellie Riek
    edited February 2016
    I haven't touched his employee card lately. There's no X next to his name. There is no reason why he shouldnt appear.
  • Charley
    edited December 2016
    There isn't is there. Have you tried just restarting the program. If you're on hosted then I find sometimes just shutting down the browser and restarting will help, even the computer if necessary. If all that fails then Tech Help.
  • Charley
    edited December 2016
    There isn't is there. Have you tried just restarting the program. If you're on hosted then I find sometimes just shutting down the browser and restarting will help, even the computer if necessary. If all that fails then Tech Help.
  • Kellie Riek
    edited February 2016
    Done that too LOL. Ill contact Tech Support
  • Sue Cheney_8328834
    Sue Cheney_8328834 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kellie
    Did you find the answer to your question, as we are having the same problem with one employee.
    Thank you
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Hi Sue,

If you're encountering the same problem and have checked the employees record that they haven't been made inactive, then please proceed to rebuild your data file.

To do this go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.

When you click on Rebuild Data it will prompt you to create a backup before it starts the process, so there is no need to create a backup of your first before clicking on it.

Luke.
  • Sue Cheney_8328834
    Sue Cheney_8328834 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for your comment just checking are you on Reckon Hosted?
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi All  Another place to look - Has there been a date put in the Release date. May have terminated the person by mistake.