Importing a General Journal

Susan Naismith
Susan Naismith Member Posts: 2
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I wish to know if a general journal can be imported into Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2016.  I have over 200 lines in an excel sheet and would prefer not to enter manually.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2019
    I can't find a way to do this, you can import customer lists etc.
    If you create the journal in  RA then you can memorise it for continued use.
  • Leanne_6835203
    Leanne_6835203 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2017
    Hi Kevin,

Can you provide more details please, I have been trying to figure out to import from excel for years.  All I find is that I need to convert excel to an .iif

Thanks
  • DebonAir
    edited March 2017
    please send the pdf to me too, ta.
  • DebonAir
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Kevin, Great work, we really appreciate your help! Even us long time users who should know better!
  • Susan Naismith
    Susan Naismith Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Ditto this!!!!
    I was told by a Reckon consultant yesterday over the phone it wasn't possible.
    Plus I would never have gotten that format for the import file, even from the Reckon help description you sent through, without your help.
    This has literally saved me hours of time and really appreciate your detailed assistance you have given!
  • DebonAir
    edited March 2017
    Ditto!!
  • Jan Atkinson
    Jan Atkinson Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Re:  Journal entry in Reckon

Can someone help please. I want to enter a general journal, but can't find the menu as above to do this.  I am very new to Reckon.  

Re:  Import a journal

I would also like to import a journal, but also can't find the menu to do this.  I found the template, but then can't seem to save the file as an iif file from excel.  

I am using:

Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2016 R 1
  • Jan Atkinson
    Jan Atkinson Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Hi Kevin, I sent you an email last night, hope you can help.  Do we need to upgrade Reckon to another version?  Thanks.  Jan
  • Rosie
    Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi everyone,

I have found this post while searching for how to import general journals. Could someone please send me a copy of the instructions as I can't find it and it would be very helpful.

My email address is finance@cyc.org.au

Thanks, Rosie
  • Stefan Kosnik
    Stefan Kosnik Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Hi Kevin, just found this post as am having the same issue, are you able to send me details on how to import a journal to Reckon? stefan.kosnik@cbre.com.au
  • Rosie
    edited June 2020
    Just letting everyone know that finds this post - there is no instruction as such for importing a general journal - what I received from Kevin (which was still helpful but not instructions as I had hoped for) was an excel template for the import. It appears there are no instructions out there - perhaps this is something Reckon could add to the help menu in the future?
  • Rosie
    edited June 2017
    Yes I have looked in the help files and I am fine with importing the journals. I am just stating to other users that find this post that there is not a pdf procedure / document as such to assist on the import of the journals as this was what I was looking for when I came across this post and I can see others have assumed this as well.
  • denis kazantsev
    denis kazantsev Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Hi Kevin, could you please e-mail me upload XL file and PDF on how to upload journals from XL in Recon. Regards, Denis. denis.kazantsev@outlook.com

• Ash_9019797
    Ash_9019797 Alumni Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Hi Kevin,

Bit late on the thread but could you possibly send this to me too please?
    My email is ash.rennie@reckon.com 

Thank you! 
  • Ricky_9589276
    Ricky_9589276 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi Guys, could you please send one to ricky@taxnet.com.au 
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes , Kevin is right, Kevin has worked out a solution and I think users should not expect to get this as free help.
    I have noticed this thread has been for long time.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• simon_9684771
    simon_9684771 Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2019

Please can I get a copy of whatever is out there, spreadsheet template and or pdf. sforrest@fa.co.nz.

thanks

• FANGYUAN LIU
    FANGYUAN LIU Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    Hi, can you please send me the excel format to import a general journal to Reckon? I am using Reckon Desktop 2019. Thanks in advance!   email: fangl@cranetec.com.au
  • Ricky_9589276
    Ricky_9589276 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    Hi Kevin, Could you please send that to me too. ricky@taxnet.com.au 
  • Eddie Pitra
    Eddie Pitra Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Hi Kevin, please send the template to me too; ediepitra@gmail.com
  • Kylie Jane Davis
    Kylie Jane Davis Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    Can I please have a copy of the template to import journals into Reckon Enterprise. Kylie.Davis@ths.org.au
  • MindyK
    MindyK Member Posts: 1

I recently required a general journal IIF as well and stumbled onto this post. Thanks @Zappy (Kevin) for sending the IIF. Really helpful.