Reckon has automatically generated a credit which should not be there

Nicole_7801064
Nicole_7801064 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
An invoice was entered, that exact amount was paid, but Reckon decided that we paid 4c more than we did so now a $0.04 credit appears in the Pay Bills page.  When I have tried to clear the 4c credit by re-entering the correct amounts (by opening the bill payment screen), it has gone absolutely haywire!  Now it won't let me undo the change I made, and now tells me I have $857.10 credit instead!! ARGH!!

Comments

• Julia Lamb
    Julia Lamb Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2017
    Usually mix match of tax codes say GST and FRE then a negative line makes this happen

Reckon suggest a credit note for the negatives which is a pain as you want everything on one invoice for your customer.

This is a Reckon Community discussion on it of possible fixes

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/credits-incorrectly-created-in-reckon-accounts-cannot-remove

• Nicole_7801064
    edited July 2020
    I have 2 x NCG (positive amounts) and one GST (negative amount) on this invoice.  So that may be why.  Thanks, i'll check out the possible fixes.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Nicole,  What Julia says is correct and it is a pain, but she is talking about a customer, whereas I think you are talking about a supplier, but still much the same outcome.  As she said, you have a couple of options such as enter the supplier invoice for the plus items and then enter a credit note for the negatives.  Or you can leave it like you have been doing - more on that in a moment.  I have tried different options, as suggested, but have still had difficulty in finding the solution that works for me.  The thing to remember is this though - the credit balance you see only shows in the pay bills screen, but does not show as an outstanding credit relative to the supplier.  What I do now is totally ignore those credit balances in the pay bills screen, because it you try to apply them or try to do anything else with them, the problem multiplies, as you have found out.  
    Now to overcome the $857.10 problem that you have, try deleting the payment that you have made and start again and ignore anything else you see as available credits.  Failing this, and in order to overcome your existing frustration, perhaps create a new supplier with the same name but put say a full stop at the end to differentiate.  I have this problem particularly with Telstra bills because of negative in the bills, some of which include GST and others which don't.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Nicole.  I wonder if the negative amount should be NCG instead of GST.  GST is for income, whereas I suspect that the negative amount might be for some sort of discount to the charge.  Irrespective, it is possible that changing this will not fix the problem, as I have found out, but you could try and see what happens.  I think that your issue is much simpler than mine with Telstra bills, and may just work for you by changing GST to NCG
    John L G   
  • Nicole_7801064
    edited April 2017
    Thank you so much Julia.  I have managed to fix my 3 credits...