Change Numbering

Joe_9014785
Joe_9014785 Member Posts: 11
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
Yes, ok before anyone jumps on me, I did look and yes there are several topics covering this field. Really not been able to change the invoice number is a big deal and it seems that this has been sitting around in the Reckon One forum for 3 years without anything been done about it. I now have 3 numbers skipped in a week. That is not good as far as my books go having never skipped a number before. One I deleted because I saw that the system had skipped a number and thought no worries I can delete and go back. lol no way that just caused another issue. How do I explain all these numbers missing to an auditor " Oh please phone Reckon One they will tell you it really is not me". When I spoke to support about this, the explanation I got was "It was caused by the internet blinking and therefore resulting in a skipped number". Sorry but after 3 years surely something should have been done by now. I do agree that the price for Reckon One is good, but you still should be able to provide a service that is going to work and if not at least give feedback as to when it will, not just say it is in development for the future. It works on your other platforms so why not in Reckon One?

Comments

• Joe_9014785
    edited April 2017
    Wow this must be a sore point, not one reply in 3 days.
  • Tony_9026188
    Tony_9026188 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2017
    I wish I knew the answer, because I have the same problem, maybe its an OCD thing lol. I too have deleted an invoice thinking the number would be replaced with the same number, but instead it is skipped and a new number assigned, it can't be that hard to have the option to change invoice numbers, I have been doing it in QB for the last 15 years or more.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Let me check in with the Reckon One team on this aspect and see where things are at.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi guys,

As far as changing the program, I can't help as I'm not in the development side of the company, but Rav is looking into that.  As far as a work around goes I can help.  Using the Reference Code field to record your own invoice numbers will provide you with a way of having a numbering system which you can keep ordered.  You can search by this field in the invoice list, and you can edit your template to not show the invoice number but show the reference code instead.  Hopefully this work around will help you for now until such time as the development team are able to provide a way of changing the invoice numbers.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Joe,

While I can't provide any timeframes at this stage, the ability to change/amend invoice numbers has been recognised, logged and on the roadmap. To be fully transparent, there have been delays as other Reckon One elements have required priority and development resources however we're aware of it and it's very much on the to do list.

I'll keep you posted with further developments in this area.

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joe_9014785
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for replying Rav.
This discussion has been closed.