Switch to Reckon One for free... (.....not really free at all, only partially for free)

Andrew Rushworth
Andrew Rushworth Member Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in Reckon One
The Reckon website reads "Switch to Reckon One for free. It’s easy to move from your existing accounting system to Reckon One with our data conversion service"

I'm an experienced accountant and a little disappointed that I feel a bit "tricked" by the offer of "free" data conversion. A client was upset at MYOB Essentials increased charges and wanted to switch to Reckon One. The "free" conversion was a handy carrot....

However, it's not free at all to convert from MYOB Essentials to Reckon One and have a working online accounting system ready to go - should have read the fine print!!

Note to Reckon...don't oversell or trick referrers of business.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2017
    Andrew

When I look at the service, this is what it states:
    https://www.reckon.com/au/data-conversion/

"Includes chart of accounts, item list (inventory quantities on hand are not included), customer list, supplier list and employees (name and address only). Additional cost and a custom quote will be provided if converting account, customer or supplier balances at conversion date, and if total list entries contain more than 600 entries."

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Hi Andrew.

Our aim is to be upfront and transparent with the inclusions and limitations of our conversion services (including our free offer) as we understand making any transitions such as this can not only be daunting but also extremely crucial to a business. I'm sorry if there was any confusion around this. 

Our free data conversion offer includes chart of accounts, item list (inventory quantities on hand are not included), customer list, supplier list and employees (name and address only).

Additional data outside of the above scope requires a custom conversion and our Data Services team will provide you a quote for this. 

We've got a number of areas on our Data Migration page which covers the free inclusions and our FAQ section covers a number of common questions around our offer and conversion service.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrew Rushworth
    Andrew Rushworth Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Gary. I completely understand services cost money to provide. I am just politely suggesting to Reckon that they are being "tricky" with the use of the word "free" conversion service and I have no problem that the details are in the fine print.

Reckon Migration Service has quoted me over $500 to convert a Hairdressing Salon with 3 staff from MYOB Essentials to Reckon One for the full blown "ready to go" conversion service. Given the learning curve to switch to a new package and the cost to convert, it's not as attractive to switch packages (...or indeed for referrers to make the suggestion to switch)