RECKON ACCOUNTS ADD CREDIT CARD PERCENTAGE TO INVOICE

Roger_6882466
Roger_6882466 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I want to add a credit card fee as a percentage to the bottom of an invoice. I could create a discount item but it will not change to positive. Is there any other way of doing this?

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2020
    Hi, yes you can. I have this set up on mine.
    If you have multiple lines you might need to use a sub total line entry first and then do the credit card fee. CCard fee is an income account.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi DebonAir

Hate to point out the obvious, but this example only applies the credit card charge to the net figure (exc. GST) $500 and a credit card payment is taken on the full amount of the sale including gst. $550.   

This would work if you added the 10% to $6.25 then you would get the $6.88
  • Roger_6882466
    Roger_6882466 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2017
    My problem is I invoice items in a group which would mean if I had more than one group I would have to apply the surcharge after each group. I would like to apply the surcharge at the bottom of the invoice. If I can't put the surcharge at the bottom, can I apply a discount there where I could give a discount if not paying by credit card
    edited April 2017
    Hi Roger
    You can still use DebonAir's method of an item line put last on the invoice, but you want be able to use the %, you can still use the  line and manually calculate the surcharge on the whole invoice $ then enter it manually.
    edited April 2017
    When I have 5min I will have a play with it for you.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2017
    You can add  a 10% increase on the line,  eg, 1.25% x 1.1=1.375 which will give the correct result.  I forgot to add the increase in the test company when I did this, I do have the increase in my own company.
  • vivien%manmadecreations.com.au
    vivien%manmadecreations.com.au Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Hi, I would like to be able to add another field under the invoice total that shows a percentage payable IF paid with Credit Card...