Personal Plus share price downloading manually has to be done twice.

Kurt Langfelder
Kurt Langfelder Member Posts: 5
Personal Plus share price downloading manually has to be done twice., the first time I click on Investing, Online activites and Download Quotes it goes on without doing anything. I then cancel and repeat the process aslways with success. Why do I have to do this twice.

Comments

• Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This is the same issue I have encountered for the past two years or so and have reported on this site.  It has never been explained nor have I been able to fins a fix.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Hi Kurt,

Does updating via the One Step Update icon work?

Can you please create a new dummy file and test if the same issue occurs there? Just want to isolate whether it may be attributed to a data file issue or an application/system issue.

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kurt Langfelder
    edited May 2017
    Tried with a dummy file and the same happened.  The one step icon just turns, have to cancel then go through the manual steps. But I have to do the operation twice for the portfolio to update
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Kurt,

Next time you update please update the Shares on their own first, and then the Currrencies on their own.  The next day select both Shares and Currencies.  If the problem persists then abandon using the One Step Update Icon and update through the menu:  Investing > Online activities > Download quotes.  

regards,
    John
  • Kurt Langfelder
    edited August 2020
    Three years later and I still have the same problem. Despite paying ever increasing annual fees for this program, nothing has happened to fix my problem.
    Kurt
  • Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    And I'm still in the same boat.  Each evening I hit the update button, let it start operating and then cancel it (if I didn't, it would run endlessly).  I then have to go into the "Investing>Online activities>Download quotes" option and the update works.  Both steps are necessary in the same sequence to complete the update process.  Without the above combination, neither step will work on its own.  This has been the situation for several years - despite my annual licence renewal every year since I first bought the product in 1993.  Very frustrating..
  • Kurt Langfelder
    edited September 2020
    Reckon's silence is deafening