How can I change where my company file is saved?

Tim Cross_7863345
Tim Cross_7863345 Member Posts: 25
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Currently it is being saved in Microsoft One Drive which is a pain as it has to upload every time you close the software. I want to save it on my PC again or an external hard drive but cant seem to find where this can be changed?

Reckon Accounts Plus 2017.

Comments

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2017

Hi Tim,

You can do a backup to your local drive and then restore the file also to your local drive.

Then continue working in the file that is now on your local drive.

Hope that helps..

Linda

• Tim Cross_7863345
    edited May 2017

Does that then change the path to the company file going forwards and if so I guess I can safely delete the company file showing in my one drive folder?

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Yes, when you set the path to the new file from the backup, it will continue to use that path until you relocate it again.
    Don't delete the online one until you are sure it is all working fine. Just to be sure.
  • Tim Cross_7863345
    edited May 2017
    Many thanks to all. Just followed your advice and have now reset the location to save to C Drive again. Now I guess I better schedule a back up to external drive rather than one drive! Will delete one drive file after I am sure all is good. Cheers.
  • Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2017

Hi Tim,

Yes, the path to the new location will be the 1st option when re-opening the file. The path to the old file will be the 2nd option.

I personally am not a fan of deleting files. I usually rename the file with word "Old" at the beginning and the Financial Year at the end..

But it is honestly up to you. Maybe just leave for a couple of weeks and some regular backups and then delete the old file.

Linda

• Tim Cross_7863345
    edited May 2017
    What is the default directory Kevin and what difference does it make? My main aim was to get it out of one drive which seemed a good idea at the time i.e Cloud storage. However, the slow upload/sync time was driving me made and somehow created two company file back ups at some point.(Only affected one days entry as I am now discovering through payments received and bank reconciliation.)