emailing problems invoices etc

Therese Dabbs
Therese Dabbs Member Posts: 31
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
we use accounts hosted.
we are still having problems with invoices going to people's junk mail and people just not getting invoices. we send 1000 ( yes one thousand) invoices every quarter. this quarter we sent slowly, ie a small amount every hour as sometimes hotmail / gmail blocks all emails once you exceed a certain number.
we have STILL had people say they did not receive the invoice, nor was it in junk. the email address was correct.
i would like a feature with Reckon where we get a reply email if 
1. the email address is wrong and it was not sent in the first place
2. the email did not get through

with outlook and our website, whenever i send an email i get a reply if it is not received. with reckon this has never been the case, so i have no way of following up invoices if i do not know who did/ didn't get them in the first place!
at the moment we are texting customers which takes a whole day!!! just to find out if they got the invoice. 
this is frustrating and is something that needs to be looked at.

Comments

• Jason Williams
    Jason Williams Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    i Have the same problem or they are not opening when they receive them. I have one customer in particular who has a problem every week when i send theres.
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Agree, it needs to be looked at.  I have a copy of the invoice sent to our email address but this still does not let you know if the customer has received the email or advise if the email address is wrong i.e. customer forgets to tell us they have changed their email address.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I know that this could be a bit messy and cumbersome, but has anybody tried bringing the Reckon file into the Enterprise Desktop version, sending the emails from there, which would use your own email system, instead of Hosted and then uploading the file back to Hosted?  It might be a good experiment for you Therese to see what happens under those circumstances, particularly as you have so many invoices being sent out.  I know that this is only a second-rate possible solution, but it might just work.  At least by doing that you should be able to get read receipts or whatever else, such as non deliveries.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited May 2017
    I totally agree with you Kevin, but when something refuses to work, one can only look for alternatives which overcome the inadequacies of the current system which fails to deliver.  It is more likely to be viable for somebody like Therese who has 1,000 of them every quarter.
    John L G
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited May 2017
    thanks for your replies. yes I could look into that, unfortunately we dont have the desktop version, we have been using the hosted for a while now...
  • John Graetz
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Andrew - I wasn't sure if that applied to everybody and I was not able to readily find this information on the Reckon.com website.
    John L G
  • Jeffrey Fazal_7315662
    Jeffrey Fazal_7315662 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2017
    You can still get it, call up support and they'll walk you through the steps or follow the steps that Andrew has helpfully linked. (we just got access to it last week).

Just to add to the conversation even getting a bounce message if it's the wrong email address would be very useful. 
  • John Graetz
    edited May 2017
    I fully support that Kevin.  But as you stated, it has been around for at least two years but nobody at Reckon seems to be interested in keeping their customers happy.  On the face of it, they are content to just see us bellyache about and sit and do nothing.  It is not that it hasn't been raised plenty of times, to my recollection.  Yet despite that, more and more people are getting totally frustrated with a system that is inadequate for their needs when it comes to emailing.  I generally don't like to be too critical, but in this case, the criticism is fully justified, and then some.  Actually I would have to say that it is getting totally farcical, even more so for people like Therese who email out swags of invoices and then have spend massive amounts of time to send texts to all of their customers to determine whether or not they have got them.  Give us a break Reckon.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited May 2017
    Perhaps Reckon has a scoring system going which requires say 1,000 whinges before they decide to do something.  
    John L G
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited May 2017
    I agree with you both also. we are locked in partly as our customer profiles are quite complicated and reckon have good search functions etc, We can group customers according to different fields. we will be looking into another program though and if they can provide this functionality I guess we weigh up the time to transfer 8 years of accounting might be worth it to get a better system in the long run.
  • John Graetz
    edited May 2017
    If only we could get something like the ability to create a batch for those invoices, similar to banking, export it out of Reckon and then find a way to import it into our email programs, we could be cooking with gas.  There has got to be some clever programmers out there who could do that.  Where are you Mr Microsoft?
    John L G
This discussion has been closed.