Reckon Portal Issues - Current Status ~ 29 May

RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,763 Administrator
edited August 27 in Reckon One
Hi everyone,

As you're aware, our teams delivered the brand new Reckon Portal last week which comes with a whole host of new features.

For some users though, it hasn't been the smoothest transition and been a rather bumpy ride over the last few days. The teams fully recognise that and I'd like to sincerely apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

The majority of issues that were raised last week have been resolved. There are however a couple that the teams are currently working on -
  • Receiving a "Application has encountered an unknown error" message when attempting to open a Reckon One book. This issue is not widespread and appears to be affecting a small number of users only.
  • The inability to perform certain actions within a Reckon One book eg. add invoices, add bills, receive payments etc.
This is our highest priority at the moment and our Portal & Reckon One teams are working on addressing these issues with the utmost urgency.

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

Comments

• TonyTony Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When will all the Reckon One problems be fixed. After the Reckon One update everything was fine for me, all my functions worked correctly, I didn't have any of the issues other members were complaining about, but now I am encountering a number of similar problems.
    Only half of the dashboard has appeared, I can't add bills, I can't add invoices, I can receive payments for invoices and I see some of the banking features are missing. Also when you go to the settings page a lot of the features are missing from there also.
    Lets hope these problems are fixed very soon, and we don't have similar problems this time next month, end of tax year and BAS period.
    I've recently moved to ReckonOne from a QB stand alone desktop accounting software, I was informed that online was going to make life so much simpler and quicker, at the moment it is neither.

Tony.
  • Tuhin KapadiaTuhin Kapadia Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018
    Not working on Firefox Mozilla ? Waiting for a long time, works on ipad Safari
  • SharonSharon Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paying off invoices. Hi, when will we be able to receive money and mark invoices as paid?
  • Michael CrocombeMichael Crocombe Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2017
    Hi Rav,
    Whilst I understand that this upgrade brings features and fixes.  Reckon seems to seriously neglected the potential (and now real impact) on customers.    The timing could not have been worse. Near end of Month, near BAS time etc.

Not being able to login & invoice, created issues for me.  It has been resolved now, but still this leaves me concerned for the future when another upgrade is required.

What compensation is Reckon offering to say sorry?

Regards
    Mike
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,763 Administrator
    edited May 2017
    Hi Sharon,

This is something we're working on as we speak and I hope to have further information on progress very soon to share. Will keep you posted.
  • grgr Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2017
    Something minor with the upgrade. Two website tabs now open instead of one. Can this be fixed too?
    edited May 2017
    Can definitely appreciate how inconvenient not to mention frustrating its been Mike.
    In regard to compensation, unfortunately that's not something I can comment on. Our current focus and priority is on investigating and resolving these issues for all impacted users.

Our teams are just as disappointed with some of the issues that have cropped up over the last few days and we're doing everything we can to put this right as quick as we can.

Cheers
    Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi Tuhin,

What happens when you're using Firefox? Is this on login? Can you please try refreshing the page and failing that, clearing the browser cache and cookies before retrying.

Cheers
    Rav
  • TraceyTracey Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Bad timing to upgrade near EOFY I say.... Driving me crazy as I am trying to get some things together for my accountant to have a look at.
  • RachelRachel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2017
    Is anyone else missing their Bank Feeds in the Bank Accounts module?
  • Heather DunnHeather Dunn Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2017
    I agree very difficult when you can not receive payments,  invoice or pay accounts.

• Tuhin KapadiaTuhin Kapadia Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Have tried everything, still the problem persists and is not working

• RickRick Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    I had that problem on Friday, was advised by support to deactivate my book (makes it read only) and re-activate. This restored the missing bank transactions.
    This cost another $11 as the new portal did not take into account that I had already paid a day or two before.
  • MegMeg Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    I run a web & graphic design studio and NO website launch is ever made without thorough and extensive testing.

To have our accounts completely unusable - your customers being charged extra just to work their way around your faulty product - is very publicly sloppy. Very immature. What was the rush that was important enough to skip proper Q&A guys?

At the very least, a roll-back to the functional version should be made while you work on these debilitating problems. Is there a reason why this has not been done?

This is not just disappointing for all of us, it dangerous. Your entire product is at jeopardy here - help us out and give us something we can continue to work with while you work under less public scrutiny.

• KylieKylie Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2017
    Given a lot of the functionality is missing in the invoicing module, is it possible to roll back to the previous version so we can continue working? I've now been experiencing this issue for several days and am unable to do any work without this.
  • Chris PChris P Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Chrome - Mac - Can't log in New Reckon One Portal. Chrome up to date.
    Cookies and Cache Cleared.

Can log in with Firefox

I know you guys have a lot to fix, just adding this to the list :)
    edited May 2017
    Hi there Meg,

I can definitely understand where you're coming from, and I'm really sorry that you and our other users have been impacted by this over the last few days. This is our main focus and the teams are working extremely hard to get this sorted. We're not quite there yet but definitely getting closer toward a fix.

In regard to testing and QA, I can assure you that extensive testing was conducted across all elements of the Portal, its functions and connections, over a prolonged period of time. None of the issues currently present after portal launch were encountered during testing.

Stay tuned, I should have further info to share soon. Apologies again!
  • ChrisChris Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ReckonOne Problems - Customer can't pay Invoice. Can't make payment of Invoice!. Hi,

There have been a few issues after latest major update.
    Customer Pay Invoice button in email is not working.

Error Message:
    "The invoice is not available. Please contact the sender for more information"

Also in customer Invoices, there is no way to pay Invoice now! Receive Payment/Make Payment button is no longer showing!

These errors are major & need fixing asap.
    Thanks.

• torchtorch Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    FWIW, the online demo book (or site) is horribly broken. I can't get it to work at all and this is right in the middle of assessing the software against all the major competitors. 
    This is our first experience with Reckon and it looks like being our last.
    edited May 2017
    Hi Torch,

Can you elaborate further on this. What are you having trouble with specifically within the Demo book? 
  • David YoungDavid Young Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2017
    Is there any timeline on the fix for this, I haven't been able to invoice, create estimates or perform any data input since the new portal went live. I originally had a few little annoyances with the product, but overall I found it was good value.

If this isn't resolved very soon then I am going to have no choice other than to look elsewhere. I can assure you I'd rather not do that. I know you've been working hard communicating issues to back of house and keeping us informed and I thank you for your efforts.
  • torchtorch Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    http://www.localnewsplus.com.au/trimmed.mov

I can't use the demo book at all. I select it, click on the dashboard (or most other options) and it drops me back to the generic Reckon screen. Multiple browsers, cleared caches, even restarted. If this is an indication of the QA for the product (and reading a few comments here appears it is) then this software is not for us.
    edited May 2018
    *UPDATE - 29/5 4:45pm* 

Hi everyone,

I've just received word from our Portal team that the issue where Reckon One books have lost functionality/reverted to read-only mode has been resolved.

Any users affected by this issue, please log out of Reckon One and then back in for access (provided that your subscriptions are valid).

If you continue to have the same issue, please let me know by replying BELOW this post.

Work is continuing for the issue related to some users receiving the "Application has encountered an unknown error" and further updates will be made on this as soon as possible.
  • Steph LuckSteph Luck Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2017
    Issue remains, I still have 4 client books that appear to be 'read only'.... sorry!
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for letting me know Steph, I've asked our Portal team about this and it may be due to Reckon One caching the session. Can you please logout and give it approximately 20-30 minutes before trying again? Please let me know how you get on
  • David YoungDavid Young Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2017
    Well I've managed to send out an invoice, so hopefully things are stabilising.
  • Csaba T≈ëkeCsaba T≈ëke Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Since the update I can't reach my books. I have called customer service 100 times. A ticket was logged, but I didn't get a notification about it, although I have asked for it. Heaps of promises, but no resolution. This is blocking my business to operate. I am running out of my patience. 
  • MegMeg Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    Nup. Still read only :/
  • andrew cookandrew cook Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2017
    I have tried to enter bills as paid, I cannot do this still. Have tried Firefox, Chrome and Explorer. The add bills and invoices seems to have appeared again.
  • andrew cookandrew cook Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2017
    I also am unable to "Make a Payment" from the day to day tab.
This discussion has been closed.