Everytime I launch hosted I get a message box saying it's unable to create the folder 'L\' Any ideas

kaibeau
kaibeau Member Posts: 4
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Sorry I'm new to this program.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kaibeau,

Check out this KB article, its focuses on this error when creating a TPAR rather than launch as what you've described however the principle is still relevant.

Error - Unable to create the folder L\

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• kaibeau
    edited May 2017
    Will do. Sorry but have a hard time understanding the support people. My father passed away and so I have no idea what I am doing but need to put 12+ more months worth of entries into Hosted. Don't have a clue what I am doing.
    I have uploaded my bank statements to hosted and am inputting bills, but how do they show up in the register for me to then match again the bank records. None of what I have inputed can be seen in there?
    TIA
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kaibeau  My suggestion to you in order to save your sanity, why don't you contact an Accredited Partner/Bookkeeper in your area to assist you. If you don't, you may find you spend hours pouring over this work only to find when you go to your accountant they cannot use the information. A small amount spent now would certainly be money well spent. Just because you have an accounting program does not make anyone an expert in accounting. It takes time. Once you have the program and entries explained by an experienced person, you will appreciate the program. Good luck Kaibeau
  • kaibeau
    edited May 2017
    HI Shirley, not am option I'm afraid. I pretty much only have bills to process as their business was not able to generate income... Can someone actually answer my question?
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kaibeau  You may still find a kind AP who is willing to donate some of their time for free. I have done this many times as I like to make sure anyone using Reckon Products enjoys using it and gets good results.  The comment that you have entered bills, you still need to go to Pay Bills and pay them. When in Pay Bills you need to tick the exact bills that make up the amount paid. Make sure you put the right date paid at the bottom of the screen and which bank account the bill/bills were paid from. Then you will find a match in the register and a similar amount on the bank statement. Could you indicate a state and suburb where you are as there must be someone willing to give some of their time to assist you. 
  • kaibeau
    edited May 2017
    Hi Shirley, thanks will try that procedure. I am in Townsville but the business is in NT. I have some docs here but not all. I did accounting through High School but nothing since.
    Thanks for your reply