Retail POS transaction history problem

Helen Arnold
Helen Arnold Member Posts: 6
edited January 2018 in Point of Sale
i have retail point of sale 2007/08 and when i go into my transaction history in the terminal it wont allow me to see previous transactions... the list is there but if i click on a transaction it wont show it in the viewing section. does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? i am running windows 7 and up until a couple of days ago it was working fine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Retail POS software however once i had done this and opened the POS terminal again the same thing still happened. 

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited June 2017
    Hey mate, have you made sure you have the info selected in terminal settings? image
  • Chris McGregor
    edited August 2015
    Also perhaps consider ticking the box to "include other terminals " just in case your terminal name has changed. Let us know how you go Chris.
  • Manivanh Noy Macfarlane
    Manivanh Noy Macfarlane Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017
    Hi Chris,
    How do I retrieve (Retail POS 2011) history transaction  from 1 month or longer?
    From Manivanh

• Chris McGregor
    edited June 2017
    It all depends on if you have compacted the database through the pos admin. If you have then your out of luck however if you havent then the transactions will live in there. I can manipulate the database to make it post those transactions again but i have no private way of you being able to send me the database and i dont want to make my email address public and i cant provide instructions on this one im afraid.
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for your help it seam like I can only access up to 10 days even with out compact the database. Manivanh
  • Chris McGregor
    edited June 2017
    Oh bother. Well i suppose thats one thing to change for the future. Another thought is, have you been performing end of day as normal for that last month? If so check your recycle bin in the pc and this may have the end of day transaction files that you could restore and post backinto the accounting software.
    edited June 2017
    Ok I'll try thanks again Chris
  • taylah
    taylah Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Hi Chris
  • taylah
    taylah Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    I am also having problems with viewing transactions longer then 1 month old. Using retain pos 2011/12. Is there a way we can get a copy of transactions that are older then this? Thanks
  • Chris McGregor
    edited January 2018
    Hi Taylah, It really depends on what you have set in your pos admin settings under the transactions tab. There you will find afield that allows you to set the number of days to keep transactions. Usually this is set to either 7 or 10 days the reason for this is it helps pos to run a little faster as its not looking throughheaps of history all depending on how many transactions you do a day, like if your a servis station you going to have heaps but of your a boutique then may not be that many so not such a bad option to up the days. My prefered setttting depending on industry is 30-60 days. That should give you plenty of history to check in the terminal. If your current setting is currently less then 30 and your admin program has been working as it should then that history wont be in the database anymore so your out of luck for what has happened, but it doesnt mean you cant change that setting ready for next time. Regards, Chris