Uploading an excel .csv file into Reckon Hosted

Alex Jeffries
Alex Jeffries Member Posts: 20
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I'm trying to upload monthly journal movements into Reckon Hosted in the format below, however it is telling me that the account type is invalid and as there are errors I can't upload anything. The excel file has been saved as a .csv file as the help screen suggested but it's still not working. 
Is anyone able to provide me with a correct format for upload or a fix for the current format I have? It's very frustrating that something so simple is causing so much trouble. image

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    It may have something to do with the Creditors Control, generally you need to assign a supplier name to this.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hi Alex,

Change your csv file to an IIF file by renaming it from nnnnnn.csv to nnnnnn.iif.  Provided the file has followed all the rules then it should import through File > Utilities > Import > IIF files.  See the Help Index for information on importing transactions through IIF.

Use Excel to start new Accounts and Items only, not transactions.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Alex Jeffries
    edited June 2017
    Thanks John, but if I'm not using excel to important transactions, how do I do it??
  • John G
    edited June 2017
    Hi Alex,

To clarify, use File Explorer to rename the nnnnnn.csv file to nnnnnn.iif.

regards,
    John
  • Alex Jeffries
    edited June 2017
    Will do. But you've said that Excel shouldn't be used to upload transactions... is there a different program that should be used or is it just not possible? 
  • John G
    edited June 2017
    Hi Alex,

Within Reckon Accounts its only through IIF file that you can import transactions.

For 3rd party applications that can interface with the Reckon Accounts database (desktop), check out the Add-On Marketplace for QODBC (FlexTools) and Zed Axis and others.

regards,
    John

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Alex..it does not matter what the file is called. .but it must be saved in a tab delimited format. .. I think your main issue though is also the date format. .. have you tried importing using mm/dd/yy instead?