Product bar code number not found one time in two

LMF
LMF Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Point of Sale
Hello Reckon Community,
I have a problem with my Point of Sale Lite 2017 from Reckon.
The software don't find the bar code of my products one out of two, it happens for every products any time. At the end Point of Sale find every products so I don't think it is a problem of registration, it just takes twice longer than it should be because I have to scan every products two times.
I have uploaded a photo of the message that appears every time:image

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi,

Open notepad, and scan a barcode.  It should scan into notepad and show as follows:
    ~barcode
    and the cursor should end on the start of the next line.

If not then reconfigure your bar code scanner to do this.  If using the scanner that comes with the Reckon retail starter kit, the POS installation guide has the steps to configure it.  Otherwise check with the manufacturer, on their website, or a google search to find how.

Also make sure your barcodes are entered into Reckon Accounts and POS just as the barcode number with no characters at the start or end.

If the scanner is already configured correct, and the barcodes are just numbers, go into POS Admin and do a compact and repair on the database.

Hopefully one of these will help.  let me know how you go.
    Regards,
    Shane.
  • LMF
    LMF Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Hello Shane,
    Thank you very much for your help, I will try these and I will keep you updated if it worked.