Changing Name of a Book and adding a New Book

Kaelene McElligott
Kaelene McElligott Member Posts: 8
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Testing out Reckon One and I'm trying to change the name of the Book I created. I can do it in the Portal, but it doesn't change within the actual book. Help.

Also I tried to add another book by Buying another subscription  as I couldn't see any other way to do this, but after I entered my credit card details and hit Get Started, it just sat there . Wouldn't do anything. No error just didn't work. Any ideas on either of these issues?
Thanks. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi there Kaelene,

I've just tested out renaming my book via the Portal myself and received the same result as what you've outlined in terms of it not reflecting within the book. I'm going to give mine about 20 minutes just to check if the session is caching this detail and if it updates after that. If not, I'll report this back to the Portal team.

In regard to the second issue you encountered, can you let me know which browser you were using when attempting the payment? Does the same issue occur on an alternate browser?

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kaelene McElligott
    edited May 2020
    Hi Rav
    Thanks for the quick reply. The renaming issue happened last night and was the same this morning. I too was hoping it was caching or something and time would fix it. 
    I was using Chrome with the attempted payment. Haven't tried another browser as yet but will do.
    Thanks.
    Kaelene
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Just reopened mine and yes same for me unfortunately. Ok, I'll see what our Portal team has to say on this.

How'd you go with trying out another browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kaelene McElligott
    edited June 2017
    I tried purchasing from mobile via safari and got same problem. Took screenshot. Looks like there's an error but doesn't say what just had a red x. image
  • Kaelene McElligott
    edited June 2017
    I did have the card details filled in but removed for the photo.
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Cheers for this Kaelene,

Ok, in regard to the book name not updating, have reported it earlier and it's been logged by the Reckon One team to investigate.

About the payment error that you're receiving, I've also sent this one to our Portal team to see what is causing that error and why its not displaying correctly. I'll keep you posted on that as soon as I receive further info.

Apologies for all the hassle, can appreciate it isn't the best start to your Reckon experience but I'm sure we can turn that around for you :)

• Kaelene McElligott
    edited July 2017
    Any update on this?
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi Kaelene,

The Portal folks are looking at why that error isn't appearing correctly in the Portal from the payment gateway. I believe they have found other similar cases have found to be a payment related. Sorry to ask, but are there any issues with the particular card? ie. valid etc. I know it might not be the ideal solution however are you able to try an alternative card to process this?

• Kaelene McElligott
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    No, there is no issue with the card. I used the same card to add on further modules without any issues. It's just when trying to Add another book that I get this issues. It's definitely a Reckon issue, not card related. 
  • Gordon Blakemore
    Gordon Blakemore Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hi,
    Brand knew to this - I've been doing all my books in excel. Gives me the flexibility I need but I need to make my life simpler. I have done a lot of reading and the advertising says you can have multiple companies however, I find no way to do this. I signed up and got a trial version thrown in. I need a fully functional version to put through the paces. Do I need to purchase a separate subscription for each company? At this stage not impressed ... seems to be a few restrictions for a trial. Don't see the logic. Why not get people roped in as deep as possible. Anyhow hope I'm wrong. Seems others are having the same problems but I need something that works. 
    Regards,
    Gordon

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Gordon,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

In your 30-day free period you can add any of the modules available at the highest level of functionality.  Return to the Portal, click on the dropdown arrow on your Book icon and select Edit then Modify, and add the modules.  For the free period you have access to one Book.

There are various help videos for Reckon One on our Youtube channel.

If you wish to run several companies in separate files you will need to purchase Books for each company you wish to run independently.

Our other product Reckon Accounts (there is a desktop version and an internet Hosted version) does allow you have multiple company files at no extra charge.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Stu Wards
    Stu Wards Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    Just got the same card error when buying my second book account.