we no longer require multi-user. how do we downsize ?

Alan Slade
Alan Slade Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have downsized our business and no longer require the multi-user facility in Accounts Premier. How can we downsize while retaining the different companies?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Alan.  Reckon Accounts Premier comes with a minimum of 2 licences with an annual licence fee of $640.  Reckon Accounts Plus is the next option below this with some lesser functionality, which may or may not be an issue for you, but has a reduced annual licence fee of $530.  So, unless you have more than 2 licences, there is not a great deal of difference in cost by going to the lesser optioned  version..  There is also another lower version within the Reckon Accounts Business Range called Reckon Accounts Accounting with an annual licence fee of $450.  You would need to log on to the Reckon website to determine the differences between each version. 
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2017
    Kevin, I work in one environment where I take my computer to the workplace and record transactions using Accounts Premier.  The file is subsequently transferred to another office computer running Accounts Plus.  Both are within the Accounts Business Range.  The Office computer has no trouble in reading the information and running/compiling reports, but does not have the same functionality as my version.  There was even a time when some data input was done on the Office computer and then the file was later transferred back to my computer.  There was never any loss of data, but I am aware that in some cases, Plus does not have the same features e.g. you cannot generate invoice details on a statement.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited March 2018
    Good question Kevin.  The matter has been under review, but the main reason is that the business is located to the north east of Melbourne, outside of the metropolitan area.  Because the business is located in a country area, outside of a township, it is a long way from the exchange, which means that internet and mobile phone services can be quite patchy.  There are also other financial restraints to add to the problem.   In any event, these days transactions are only recorded on my personal computer, so there is no big deal in regards to this.  I, being one of a team of two finance people, are only onsite for one day per week  This same connectivity problem for Hosted was the subject of a discussion with a number of people on this forum last week. 
    John L G