RECKON ONE - How do I create a new user?

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited February 2019 in Reckon One
Hi all,

This video will step you through the process of creating a new user in Reckon One!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwKHZboVTAE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• MAAD Tech
    MAAD Tech Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2018
    Hi Rav, Thanks for the tutorial. This was the way I used to created last two users. Recently we have needed to add another user, but find the settings have changed after the recent upgrade?...

So, there is just the screen you were just on and the only interaction is too either dump a user or add another, using the ADD button. However when you click this we are sent to the "Add User screen", This page seems to work if entering a common or Mate?

I can't seem to add users the this screen and the one mentioned earlier.

Ay help would be great, as this user will be my booker!

• MAAD Tech
    MAAD Tech Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    Inorder to work properly a account must be created with Gmail pr ^%jfponrjfp&&(* hello!

lol@

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi MAAD Tech,

Yes you're right things have changed a bit with the release of the new Portal last week.  We're in the process of updating this video but in the meantime to answer your question, you no longer add users on that screen but rather if the user is not a staff member/employee, you can share the book to them using the 'Share' option and that process will automatically make them a user in the book.

Check out the new video on sharing a book via the new Reckon Portal here -
    RECKON ONE - Sharing your book on the Reckon Portal

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Selwyn
    Peter Selwyn Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2017
    The link above does not work.  Please can you review?
    Thanks
  • Steph Luck_8206927
    Steph Luck_8206927 Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2017
    Link not working.... but figured out to add a new user, you first need them to create an account. So just on the front log in screen, they need to 'register for free', then validate the email address from the email they get sent. You can then add them as staff, or share the book with them etc... in the new portal.

• Peter Selwyn
    Peter Selwyn Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2017
    Agreed that is a possible way, but the instructions above appear to indicate that it's possible to 'share' to a new user, with the process of sharing the book having the effect of creating a new user if that user does not already exist.
    My repeated attempts at this show this is not true.  It simply doesn't work.
    So I'll probably have to go round the process of the second person creating an account first. 
    Am I upset at this?  Yes and no.  To my mind, it OUGHT to be possible for an administrator of an account to be able to create users for that account, completely from scratch. 

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Sorry guys,

The video was updated last week, I've updated the URL above.

• Wendy Wild
    Wendy Wild Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Hi,

I can't get this working for me at all and I need to add somone who will be doing some book work for me ( I'm using Reckon one)

In the updated video it sounds like she has to set up her own user ID and then I can share my book with her.  Can you please direct me to the URL where she can do this?

thanks
    Wendy  

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi Wendy,

Check out our video on how to share a book with the new Reckon Portal here -

Sharing your book on the Reckon Portal

• Wendy Wild
    Wendy Wild Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Hey Rav

thanks for this - but I've actually already watched this.  Can you please paste the URL that I can send to the new user so that she can register?

I've searched, but can't find it

cheers

Wendy
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hi Wendy,

Here is the URL for Sharing a Book:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NFaFIbYdM&list=PLoUtvAKOpZWtgg7h76_CKdR5S_MesEFbG&index=71

Here is the URL for the video to create a Reckon Account - the new lingo for UserID
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBsI37KjiFU&list=PLoUtvAKOpZWtgg7h76_CKdR5S_MesEFbG&index=61

Any here is the URL for an Index to a number of help videos for Reckon One:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUtvAKOpZWtgg7h76_CKdR5S_MesEFbG

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John