Reckon Accounts Premier Update to 2017 - Installation Interrupted

Ron_9150819
Ron_9150819 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Trying to upgrade my Accounts Premier 2016 to 2017 but keep getting cut off by the 'Installation Interrupted' message soon after entering my IKC.

I have closed all applications/programs, disconnected from the internet, and disabled my firewall and virus protection as directed.  After subsequent attempts, I have also stopped the Print Spooler service, but that didn't help either.

I'm operating Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, have plenty of RAM an space on my HDD.

Can anyone help???

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi Ron,

Could you give this a try -

Reboot your PC and then start installation (without opening your current 2016 program) or alternatively, check that no Reckon Accounts processes are running in your Task Manager prior to commencing installation. Basically just want to ensure that no processes are currently running while attempting the new installation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ron_9150819
    edited June 2017

Rebooted and stopped the following services:

• Print Spooler
    • QuickBooks Database Manager Service
    • QuickBooksDB25

but still get 'Installation Interrupted' after it appears to install Microsoft Runtime Library.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Cheers for that Ron,

Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 switched on? If not, can you please activate it with the steps below and let me know if there is any change?

1.    Control Panel > Programs and Features

2.    Turn Windows features on or off

3.    Scroll down the list to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and tick the box.

4.    Click OK to save and exit. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ron_9150819
    edited June 2017

Hi Rav,

Unfortunately the box was already checked for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 ...

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    No worries Ron, thanks for checking.

Really sorry this isn't going as smoothly as it should but I do have another suggestion to try.. can you please try installing in Selective Startup mode?
    Check out our article below for more info on this -

Running your PC in Selective Startup to install or activate Reckon Accounts

• Ron_9150819
    edited June 2017

Hi Rav,

I don't understand what I just did with this 'Selective Startup', but it worked.

Huge thanks for your help with this.