Shares > 99,999,999

Options
GjBees
GjBees Member Posts: 8
I wish to enter a purchase of a number of shares >99,999,999. Why is there a limitation of 100m shares? I'm using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 Release R1.image

Error: Enter a number between 0 and 99,999,999

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi GjBees,

This is due to the limitation of the field. Fields in the Reckon Personal range generally have a limitation to 99,999,999.99.  When you enter a number larger than the limit, the program will not accept the transaction.

Check out this KB for a possible potential solution/workaround - http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4081

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GjBees
    GjBees Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2017
    Options
    thanks. I was able to enter as 4 separate transactions. However, the total shares in the portfolio view only shows 100,000,000 and the individual entries below it have been truncated. Oh well, I'll use Excel for tax purposes or find another package which helps me track my investments including reverse reconstructions, which it does not currently do.