Zero appears in Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions field

Candy mo_9170121
Candy mo_9170121 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi I just finished my payment summaries and about to upload the empdupe file on ATo. But it return an error said some of the employee RESC has 0 amount. 
I checked my payroll superannuation report those employees have no extra super paid other than the 9.5%. I am not sure why their payment summary showing '0' in it which ATO does not accept the file. how can i get rid of it?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Candy mo.  This should not be an issue as by default, the is set to zero.  I did not have any problem arise with the first one of these that I have lodged with a zero for anybody without any Salary Sacrifice Super..  On another lot still to do, the same situation applies with a zero amount for anybody without any SS Super.  To my understanding you should not be getting an error message.
    John L G
  • Candy mo_9170121
    Candy mo_9170121 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Hi John,
    Thanks for your reply. But the zero number actual printed on their payment summary, thats why ATO rejected my file. To ATO if I put a figure in RESC , it needed to be greater than zero. but it seems no way i can get rid of that zero anywhere.

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    HI Candy Mo.  I don't know how you are lodging your file, but I used my Auskey and I had no problems with a figure of zero on the Payment Summaries.  I did a test before lodging and neither it or the actual lodgement reported errors with a zero at RESC.
    John L G
  • Preece Mitchell
    Preece Mitchell Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2019
    How do you get the super amount to show in this RESC box in the payment summary?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Preece.  I assume that you are talking about Salary Sacrifice Superannuation for an employee.  It will show on the Payment Summary if the relevant payroll item has been setup correctly.  These are the basic steps:
    1. Give the item a name e.g. Salary Sacrifice My Super
    2. Super Contribution Type - Salary Sacrifice (SS) from the drop down box
    3. Agency for employee - paid liability - as per your own specific chart of account setup etc
    4. Tax Tracking Type - Gross Payments
    5.  Taxes - PAYG Tax
    6.  Default rate and limit - whatever the employee requests.
    7.  Include payments in contribution - if the employee has requested a specific amount in the previous step, you will not tick anything.

John L G