Report not exporting to Excel

Aussie Dog
Aussie Dog Member Posts: 6
edited July 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have updated to 'Reckon Accounts Premier Manufacturing Wholesale Edition 2017 Release R2P' yesterday and now I can't export a report to Excel. The option is greyed out only the CSV file option is available. I have also tried to email and send the report as excel and I received the error message 'Micrsoft Excel could not be opened please try again, verify you have the correct version of Excel.' My version of Excel is 2013 15.0.4433.1506 and it was working fine until the update.imageimage

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Aussie,

Was it working ok prior to the upgrade yesterday? Or even immediately after the upgrade yesterday?

I've found a KB article which pertains to the 'greyed out' option below and although the suggestion of running Reckon Accounts with admin privileges isn't required with your version, I'd suggest taking a look at solution 4.

Export to Excel option is greyed out

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Aussie Dog
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav, 
    Thanks I found that article as well and have done all steps except for Step 5. Still not working. 
    It was working fine until the update yesterday. 
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hi Aussie,

if you previously repaired your latest Reckon Accounts installation, please try a full un-install and re-install in Selective Startup mode.  I would also suggest that you use a 3rd party un-installer that will remove all Reckon Accounts references in your Registry.  Full guide is here.

regards,
    John
  • Aussie Dog
    edited July 2017
    Thanks

• Aussie Dog
    edited July 2017
    Followed all those steps. Still not working.