gross payment on PAYG Payment Summary different to payroll summary

Suzanne Khouri
Suzanne Khouri Member Posts: 19
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Gross payments amount on PAYG payment summary is different to gross amount on Payroll Summary Report - why????

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Suzanne  How much are you talking about - a dollar or so (due to rounding) or much more?  Bear in mind that on the Payment Summary, any allowances specified thereon have been excluded from the gross figure.
    John L G
  • Katherine Matthias
    Katherine Matthias Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017
    I have the same problem but it is mission one pay.  Reconciliation Report balances to Gross Pay Report etc but the payment summary's differ.  I have re-built the data files and not fixed ?? 
  • Suzanne Khouri
    edited June 2019
    Thanks John.  Holiday loading amounts aren't included in gross payments on PAYG summary.  So from what you are saying all is correct?
  • Lynn Gallant
    Lynn Gallant Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    I have a discrepency in a Salary Sacrifice amount on a payment summary compared to the Payroll Summary Report - payment summary is incorrect
  • Suzanne Khouri
    edited July 2020
    Also John,  should the tax tracking on holiday loading be 'none'?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Sorry to both of you. I am at a conference today but will respond tonight. John L G
  • Tracey_9083964
    Tracey_9083964 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    Hi, I am having the same problem. mine is about $35,000 give or take out ??? also the profit and loss statement for EOFY is showing a much higher amount as well compared to the payroll print out. 
  • Tracey_9083964
    Tracey_9083964 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    sorry I meant my payroll summary and withholding for june is a lot less than the bas statement created in your system.  ???? It is about $35,000 different .. Also the EOFY statement has wages as much higher ?? than what I have added up from the PAYG payments for the past 12mths. ?  Any ideas why ?  Many thanks in advance.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Suzanne,

How does the Payroll Summary report compare to the Employee Earnings Summary report? Are there discrepancies that you pick there?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Tracey,

Does a payroll report match the payment summaries?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Suzanne Khouri
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav.  Not that i can pick.  On the Employee Earnings Summary, salary plus holiday pay equals Gross Payments on PAYG.Is this correct?
  • Suzanne Khouri
    edited July 2017
    Holiday loading isn't accounted for on PAYG payment summary
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Suzanne.  Tax tracking should be set to Gross Payments as these days they are taxed at the time of payment.  To set as None, means that they will never be included anywhere on the Payment Summary which is not correct. 
    John L G
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017
    Hi Suzanne  One question on this post re Holiday Loading. It is taxed the same as the rest of Gross Wages. Plus these days you do not deduct $320 before taxing. That went out a few years ago. For many other questions, the easiest way to solve some of these is to contact an Accredited Consultant in your area. Believe me it will save you hours of precious time.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Lynn.  Have a look at this Knowledge Base response for ways in which to correct this error, if you are referring to Salary 'sacrifice Superannuation.  I usually have at least one to correct each year:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5324
    John L G
  • Suzanne Khouri
    edited July 2017
    Thanks John.  I was sure that I needed to do that but the advice from Reckon Technical support and from a local Reckon Professional bookkeeper- they set it as none! Very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.