Emailing payment summaries - "One or more employees has no address"

GoatyMcGoatBoat
GoatyMcGoatBoat Member Posts: 54
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,

I have just attempted to email payment summaries to employees with email addresses, and I receive the following error:

Two things:
  1. Reckon gives me no indication of which employee it's talking about, so this message is completely useless.  Luckily I only have ~25 staff so it's not that hard to check, but this message is useless for a large business with hundreds of staff records.
  2. Every single one of my staff has a street address recorded, ?and all but three staff have email addresses recorded.  The three staff without email addresses do not show up in the "Email Payment Summaries" window, they show up in the "Print Payment Summaries" window instead.  This message is wrong.
EDIT: I should add that I have been issuing payslips via email for 12 months with almost no issue, making this sudden error all the more confusion.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Reckon phone support was of no help....  I was told to go File > Send Forms then press the escape key and continue this indefinitely until the emails showed up.  What a solution.  The offshore "support" person told me I might have to do it 20 or 30 times for it to work.

I quickly threw a screen macro together to automate the process, which had run 228 times by the end of the call.  No luck.  It's now run 500+ cycles and still not working.  It's never going to work because I can clearly see that Reckon is not generating the PDF payment summaries or the emails in the first place.
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Hi Kevin,

As stated in my original post, every employee (active and inactive) has an address recorded.  Superannuation/PAYG is up to date, and all of these employees have received at least one payslip from me in the past 12 months.

The message itself is incorrect.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Goaty.  Have you tried emailing a smaller batch at a time, rather than all of them at once?  Perhaps if you do this, you might be able to isolate the employee record that is causing the problem.
    John L G
  • Kelly Day
    Kelly Day Accredited Partner Posts: 43 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Hi Goaty,

Had the same issue in a list of 1300 plus employees - 1 email address was missing the @ symbol - review your staff email addresses, you may find the answer there.

Cheers,

Kelly Day
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Now we're getting somewhere!  That didn't even occur to me (nor to Reckon's "support" team).

I've found the record - it was someone without an email address, but with the "Preferred Forms Send Method" set to "Email."  You'd think there'd be a check when saving a new employee record that wouldn't let you leave that setting as "Email" if there's no email address...

Anyways, thanks very much for your help!
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Kelly, have just done so on John's advice above and found the issue.  Seems like something that could be easily avoided with a simple check by Reckon when saving the employee record, but not a lot seems to be simple with this company.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Excellent - glad that you were finally able to resolve the issue quickly Goaty.
    John L G
This discussion has been closed.