email

Anthony_6989910
Anthony_6989910 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
emailing  to "live" email accounts 
I have experienced issues to customers that use a "live" email address , they are not receiving them at all . I have cc to my email and I'm receiving the email fine. The only way i could email them there invoice was print the email out, scan it then send through my outlook . When i did it this way they got there email fine. Is there also a log of emails you can check to determine weather emails have been sent?/

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Anthony,

Can confirm with these recipients if the emails are being diverted to their spam/junk folder?
    I'd also recommend that accountshosted@reckon.com is added as a "safe" email address depending on their email program/function. There's a bit more info on this toward the bottom of this article here

There is no email log available in Reckon Accounts Hosted.
    Although this is quite long winded and not the ideal way of tracking by any means, check out this article on how to locate a failed email message ID
    How to locate the message ID of a failed email in Reckon Accounts Hosted

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leanne_7663246
    Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I seem to be having this issue to. I have emailed payslips to an employee with a hotmail account. The email address is definitely correct and they haven't received the payslips.  I have had them check their junkmail folder. I can email them to me and forward on and they are received fine.  Has there been any update as to when the issue will be fixed.
    thanks
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hi Anthony, Leanne,

If you are sending to a webmail account (@live.com @hotmail.com @outlook.com @gmail.com, etc) please ensure your Send Forms are properly configured for the Email provider.  See our guide here.

You should also be aware of the following articles dealing with webmail destinations:
    Sending emails via webmail from Reckon Accounts Business 2016 does not complete.
    G-Mail block emails from Reckon Accounts Business 2016

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Leanne_7663246
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for the message John. I tried to follow the suggestions but I don't have the option for custom email setting. This is all I have. Am I missing something.

• John G
    edited July 2017
    Hello Leanne,

Which edition and year version are you using?
    Does your UserID have restricted permissions to the file?

regards
    John
  • Leanne_7663246
    edited July 2017
    Hi John, I am using hosted 2017. My user is has full permissions
  • John G
    edited July 2017
    Hello Leanne,

I'm sorry I have totally misread the post.  The webmail directions are when you are sending from a desktop via your webmail account rather than through an Outlook client.  Of course you do not have an option to choose how emails send from Hosted.

I understand a number of hotmail.com (and live.com, oulook.com) are getting no inward emails at all.  The same email sent to another webmail service has no problem at all. Or, the same email forwarded on from another sender has no problem.  

My test to my Outlook.com email address and accessed via the Windows 10 mail app and via outlook.com, resulted in the  email being posted to the Junk folder.  

Here is Microsoft's guide on handling the issue which you could share with your employee.  After going through that checklist does receipt of accountshosted emails improve?

regards,
    John