The PAYG summary total is showing totals less than on the Payroll Totals for the year. Difference i

Ian Cowling
Ian Cowling Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Have just looked at our PAYG payment summaries ( not yet sent them to ATO ) and have a difference showing for two of our employees . Both of these do salary sacrificing and the difference is exactly the amount of one sal sacrifice payment in each case . The PAYG summary total is showing less than on the Payroll Totals for the year. ( The difference is definitely in the Sal Sacrifice total ????l ) Any suggestions please ?

Comments

• John Gibson
    John Gibson Accredited Partner Posts: 47 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017
    Basically the fix that I have found is to go thru each pay (or if the variance is easily found, that particular pay) and clear the salary sacrifice item AND amount, click on a different area, go back and re-enter the salary sacrifice item and amount (making sure there are NO changes to the totals of the pay!!!!) Should be in single user mode also. 
    Then review the PAYG Certificate again - (may need to exit file and re-enter to refresh)
    Can be time consuming but has resolved the problem for me a few times

• John Gibson
    John Gibson Accredited Partner Posts: 47 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017
    (If your reference is to the RESC total I mean!) If it is in the total gross wages, this 'refresh' of each pay may also resolve the issue
  • Ian Cowling
    edited July 2017
    OK thanks  ....will check it out
    Ian
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    I just noticed this on a payment summary today with Salary Sacrifice.  Fixed it by going into each pay where salary sacrifice was made, click unlock, save.  I didn't need to amend anything.  Just unlock and resave.  Fixed it. 
  • Ian Cowling
    edited July 2017
    OK  thanks + noted