Cant find where EmpDupe file has been saved for Accounts Hosted

Plaxy Piercey
Plaxy Piercey Member Posts: 29
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Plaxy Piercey
    edited July 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant find where EmpDupe file has been saved for Accounts Hosted.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Plaxy,

This is our video from last year but check out around the 3:23 mark for info on the EMPDUPE in Reckon Accounts Hosted -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My experience tends to indicate that it ends up in the same folder as other downloads for the particular browser that you are using.
    John L G
  • Plaxy Piercey
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for that. When I save it , it only give (B)  or  (Q) drive options. When I go to retrieve it to copy I cant find a (B) or (Q) drive anywhere?

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Plaxy.  You need to go to your floating toolbar within Hosted, expand it and click on the download files button, then navigate to your Q drive and download it to within your computer environment.  It is at that point that I found that it will tend to end up in the same place as all other downloads for the browser that you are using.
    John L G
  • Plaxy Piercey
    edited July 2020
    Ok, thanks, Ive found that...... how do I save it to my desktop so I can copy to disc to send to ATO?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Plaxy.  All you should have to do is to copy straight from your downloads folder to your disc. There should not be a need for an intermediate stage of having to copy it to your desktop first.  However, if that is what you want to do, the process is the same as anything else that you want to copy to the desktop.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Plaxy - if you happen to be lodging your BAS using an AusKey, you can use that same medium to first test and then upload the file.to the ATO.
    John L G
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Copy to disc? you may use your ATO portal to send electronically, the empdupe is for sending  digitally.
    or your  Tax Agent can do it in  less then 10 mins for  you.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Oops , we  crossed lines here John!

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    No problem Chandra as you gave some expanded info.
    John L G
  • Plaxy Piercey
    edited July 2017
    Thanks guys, I've got it now! Sorry, was having a blonde moment. Thanks for your help!
  • John Allsop
    John Allsop Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hi John I am having the exact same problem. What is the floating toolbar??
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Hi John.  It is possibly in the top right hand corner (or bottom left hand corner) of your Reckon desktop, a mauve/pink  coloured circle with a white casket inside.  Click once to open it and it should have three tabs for different purposes.  Click on the short arrow and it will open up as well.  The end of the orange coloured "tail" is the download button, for initially downloading from either your "B" (backup) drive, or your "Q" (export) drive.  The middle tab is for importing things into Hosted and so it goes on.  See how you go.
    Give me a ring tomorrow on 0428 695454 if you cannot work it out.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    John Allsop.  You can click and hold your mouse button on the toolbar and then drag it to wherever you want to place it on your Reckon Desktop.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi John,

If you still require it, there is some info on the Floating toolbar and how to use it for various tasks HERE

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.