Removing duplicate company files

NM2021
NM2021 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
We are using Reckon Hosted and have multiple companies in the system (all different as we manage a large amount of properties with differing bank accounts etc).  For some reason, when we transferred across to Hosted a few years ago some companies (3 out of about 40!) were duplicated.  We only ever enter data into one of them, so the extras can be deleted as they are a bit of a distraction, however no matter what we do to delete the company file, it doesn't work!  Any ideas?

Comments

• Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017
    Good Morning

Do you have a Reckon Accredited Partner assisting you as they will be able to do this for you

Alternatively, feel free to contact me on 0418 771 971 and I can do it for you

John Peppas

John Peppas

• NM2021
    NM2021 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    HI, we are based in NZ, and have had an accredited partner work with us when we initially switched from QB to Reckon, but do not have an ongoing relationship with one.  We have tried the call centre a few times to resolve,  (more then 2 years ago now probably!) and whoever we dealt with would also access and claim it was sorted,  but the company file would reappear.  Its just that we have a new staff member and it prompted us to look into this again to prevent confusion.
  • Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Hi

That is not an issue

Text me your telephone number, to +61 418 771 971 and I will give you a call

John Peppas

John Peppas

• Paul Mason
    Paul Mason Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I also have a duplicate file and I want to delete it, I cant find a delete option
    Accounts Hosted
  • ACS
    ACS Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    Hi John,

I need assistance with this. Who do i contact? I do not have a direct contact that i know of.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Nicky,

We recommend that before you delete any data files from the Hosted platform, that you first download it all to your local computer. This will give you a second chance in the event that you 'accidentally' delete an important data file.

How to download a company data file from the Hosted platform to your local computer

To delete a data file:

You need to know the exact name and location of that file.
    You need to navigate to the Q: drive or related shared folder locations.
    There you can locate the file you do not want and highlight it, then press the Delete button on your keyboard.

WARNING: On the Hosted platform, there is no un-delete, no Windows recycle bin, so if you delete it, treat it as gone.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team.

• ACS
    edited July 2019
    Hi There,

this was more about removing the shortcut from the opening screen for me. There are currently options to open older backups etc.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    The more specific the question the more likely the response would be applicable.

Consider setting the 'Number of previous' open company names to 1.

Click File
    Click Open Previous Company
    Click Set number of previous companies..

Then open the first company.
    Then change the value to as many as you need

Click File
    Click Open Previous Company
    Click Set number of previous companies..

Then subsequently commence locating and opening only those files whose names you want to appear.

• ACS
    edited July 2019
    No need for the attitude in the reply. Thanks.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019
    No attitude, just ensuring clarification to maximise efficient timely responses.

When posts with questions are unclear or do not have enough detail or may be interpreted as something else entirely, not all readers would typically engage in additional questions for clarification or troubleshooting to get to the bottom of the issue.

• ACS
    edited July 2019
    Ok so this didnt solve my issue.

On the "NO COMPANY OPEN" screen, i have options that i do not want. i have to navigate to the Q drive to open the most recent 2019 back up. I would like this back up to appear in the open company screen, and the others removed? Is this possible?