IMPORTANT NOTICE - Your Empdupe file may be incorrect if you employ Working Holiday Makers

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Your Empdupe file may be incorrect if you employ Working Holiday Makers

Hi everyone,

We have found an issue with the Empdupe file in Reckon Accounts (Desktop) and Hosted 2017 R2, which affects businesses that hire Australian residents and Working Holiday Makers.

If your exported Empdupe file contains a mix of Australian employees and Working Holiday Makers, your Australian employees will be incorrectly flagged as Working Holiday Makers.
  • Reckon Accounts 2017 R2 (DESKTOP) - To fix this issue, you will need to download an update and create an amended Empdupe file.
    Please click HERE for more information on the fix and how to apply it. 
    If you have already lodged your Empdupe file with the ATO and it contained Australian employees and Working Holiday Makers, you will need to amend your submission by 14 August 2017. If you haven't lodged your Empdupe file and you employ Working Holiday Makers, you will need to apply the fix before lodgement.
  • Reckon Accounts HOSTED 2017 R2 - We have now fixed this issue and it will not affect any new Empdupe files created. 
    If you have already lodged your Empdupe file with the ATO and it contained Australian employees and Working Holiday Makers, you will need to amend your submission by 14 August 2017. If you haven't lodged your Empdupe file and you employ Working Holiday Makers, simply create an Empdupe file and it will be correct.
    For more information on how to amend your Empdupe file, click HERE 
    Note: Empdupe files that have been lodged via SBR (GovConnect) are NOT affected by the issue.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post a reply below, give us a buzz at 1800 732 566 or send us an email to customerservice@reckon.com

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017

Hi Rav,

Does this mean if you do not have working holiday makers, the empdupe file is ok?

If you do require the update anyway, can you provide the download link

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi Fred,

If you don't have any WHM's then your Empdupe will be just fine and there's no need to apply the update. On the flipside, there's no harm in applying it though if you'd like for future. Sorry just realised I had linked to the wrong article, I've now updated the link in my post above to reflect the correct KB article which contains the download to the fix and its here below too - 

Reckon Accounts Business 2017 R2 (DESKTOP)
    Why does my Empdupe file show an income code of Working Holiday Makers (H) for Normal Income Earners where income type should be (S)?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ruth_9216959
    Ruth_9216959 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ruth. How do I find out what version of Reckon am I using.  I'm try to fix the emdupe error. 
    According to the short cut:  Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2017

I have downloaded .

Reckon Accounts 2017 Tax update
    Reckon Accounts Business Range 2017_R1

Now I get the message when updating the tax.   Setup detects that your Reckon Accounts is not R1. To use this patch, you must be on R1.

I am now on hold for a minimum of 20 minute wait for support.
  • Rav
    edited August 2017
    Hi Ruth,

There are two methods to check the version you are currently using,

Hold both the Ctrl & 1 buttons, a dialog box will appear and the first line will show 'Product Information' 

Alternatively, to check your tax table install head to Employees > Tax Table Information > Look at the line marked "Calculations are updated for 1/07/2017"