allocating an invoice to a cleared cheque payment

Carina Gazzard_8918923
Carina Gazzard_8918923 Member Posts: 24
edited December 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,  I have some payments to suppliers that have just been entered as write cheque in Accounts Hosted.  These are cleared off and reconciled in the bank rec but I would like to process an invoice to allocate these payments to as it is affecting the inventory side of things.   Is this possible to process the invoice and then how do I allocate the invoice to the cheque payment that is already cleared?  Thanks in advance

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    What you are wanting to do cannot be done - The bill (supplier invoice should always be entered first) there is no way you can allocate the cheque payment to a supplier invoice - you will need to void or delete the cheque payments and pay as bill payments to the supplier invoices.  you will then need to correct your bank reconciliation I suggest you undo your previous bank reconciliations up to when you entered the cheques and redo.
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello Carina

What you can do is change the cheque details instead of going to the expense change so this it is looking at Accounts Payable, remove any tax codes and in the Customer:Job column select the supplier.

Once you have your bill entered, go to pay bills and select the bill, you will see that you have available credits, apply the credit against the bill.

No need to redo any bank reconciliations.

Adrian

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited August 2017
    aha !!!!!! yes Adrian, I knew there was an easier way but had forgotten I had had to do this when I  started in my present role ....it had just been a while :-)
  • Carina Gazzard_8918923
    edited August 2017
    Thankyou so much Toni and Adrian.  Fixing up others mistakes.  :(  
  • Carina Gazzard_8918923
    edited August 2017
    Adrian,   I am not sure if I am not doing this right but I have tried to go in and do what you have stated above.  It doesn't give me any suppliers to point the cheque payment too.  Only customers.
    At the time of processing this invoice was processed too Cost of Goods sold.
    Hope you can help.
    Thanks
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Suppliers come after customers so keep scrolling down.