HOW TO MAKE FILE ALOT SMALLER

Hayley Hope-Hodgetts
Hayley Hope-Hodgetts Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi we have been using this company file for over 10 years and it is very large. I want to get it smaller and keep it below 250mb how do i do this easily!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi Hayley,

I'd suggest taking a look at creating a portable company file and then restoring it.
    Check out this KB for instructions and other tips on getting the best performance from your file -
    How to improve the performance of your QBI company file

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2017
    Hi Hayley

Give me a call on 0418 771 971 if further assistance is required.

John Peppas

John Peppas

• John Peppas
    John Peppas Accredited Partner Posts: 8 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2019
    All organised Kevin
  • Rachel_7689706
    Rachel_7689706 Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2019
    Anyone in New Zealand that I could please call?
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I use the Clean up Company Data regularly for many clients. Make sure you resort all list to their original order and verify your data file before commencing.  Do a screen dump of the product info (Click ctrl+1) and check usage information after the first cleanup and list information after the final "#".  Depending of the number of transactions I do it in increments of 6 or 12 months, it may take some time. I select all under "Additional Criteria for removing transactions" leave the unused list items to begin with.   NB you will end up with multiple archive files, I keep the first one, rename appropriately "ABC pre 30/6/2014, change the admin password and remove all other users.  Once I've completed say clean up to say 30/6/14. # Now run the clean up once more for the same date and select all under " unused list items" finally create a portable file and restore it.

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Jacqui,

Just to make this clear to other users who may read this, the clean-up data utility doesn't actually reduce the size of data files. This is clearly stated before you proceed to use the utility. See below:

The best way to reduce the size of a data file is to follow the KB article Rav posted at the start of this thread and to also create a portable file and restore it.

Luke.