Incorrectly loaded employee and leave not accruing properly

Amanda_9266301
Amanda_9266301 Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I have been paying an employee and just realised that personal leave and hourly holiday leave is not accurring at all. I have realised my error was that I did not put a rate in the leave details area. How do I get the system (reckon premier 2017) to update the employee and acrrue the correct amount. I have made the changes but it does not seem to be updating. I did read a post where it said to do a dummy pay run.......how do you do that if that is what I need to do......frustrated. Looking for help. The call center is no help.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Amanda - perhaps a couple of screen dumps of the settings you have put in for each leave type?  if you have put a 0 in the Max accrual box - then nothing happens... but send through a screen dump first and we will then see if the problem is here - plus let us know what the payroll item type is (hourly wages or salary) and then we can also look if the settings for this are correct too... you should manually work out the current accrual and you can add that into the first box for Personal & Holiday leave to catch up..  cheers Linda

• Amanda_9266301
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Linda, I only work a couple of days a week so sorry about the late response.  I will screen dump what I have now.  mmmm not sure of how to manually work out he current accural.....will have to ask for help on that if possible too.

• Amanda_9266301
    edited September 2017
  • Amanda_9266301
    edited September 2017
  • Amanda_9266301
    edited September 2017
    This is what I have added now, I have not done another payroll yet.

• Linda ABC
    edited March 2020
    Hi Amanda - so now what you need to check is the Hourly Pay item - edit this and next through all the screens until the last one - then check - is there a tick in the Include in Every Hour Worked leave accruals???? if no tick then your settings for this persons leave will not work - add the tick if required.
    Other points to note - tick the Leave Liability box on the Person screen so that this leave type is included in your leave liability reports.
    Also - double check your hours to accrue for each hour worked... generally for a 38 hour week with 20 days annual leave per annum  - the calculate is 20 x 7.6 divided by 52 weeks divided by 38hrs per week = .07692 hrs to accrue per hour worked - then you half this for the 10 days personal leave = .03846 hrs to accrue per hour worked.  Cheers Linda
  • Amanda_9266301
    edited September 2017
    Linda, thanks for the response.  Is there any chance of chatting I am completely lost.....0409530309 thanks
  • Linda ABC
    edited September 2017
    Hi Amanda - have sent you a text.  cheers Linda
  • Jennie Dansie
    Jennie Dansie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    Hi Linda, I know it is a long time ago, but did you work this out, I have the same problem.
  • Linda ABC
    edited March 2020
    Hi Jennie - sorry - not sure what you mean by this?  I was the one giving some tips - not the one with the problem?  do you need some help to resolve this?