Applying remaining credit to same customer but to a different job

Nicola Tweedie
Nicola Tweedie Member Posts: 6
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Good morning! i am in need of some advice please; I raised an invoice against a customer job. Customer was in credit so I raised ab adjustment note against customer job and applied it to relevant invoice. Customer again in credit but I now want too apply remaining credit to the same customer but to a different job? Please advise.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Can I ask why the customer was in credit? Did they overpay and that made them go into credit - or did you need to raise the adjustment note to refund some charges you made to them?  Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but your words "customer was in credit so I raise an adjustment note" doesn't make sense, if they were already in credit you wouldn't raise an adjustment note.... if they became in credit because of the adjustment note, then you would just need to go to any outstanding invoices and click the Apply Credits button and apply any remaining credits to that outstanding invoice...

Where you have multiple Jobs for a customer and you want to use the credits - I believe you can go to Receive Payments, pull up the main customer name - and then you should see all outstanding job invoices... can you then click on them and then click on the credits button and apply credits to various other jobs?
  • Nicola Tweedie
    Nicola Tweedie Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for your reply Linda. Sorry, yes I needed to raise an adjustment note to refund some charges made to them against some work carried out. The adjustment note was a higher figure so the customer is still in credit but i want to apply this credit to the same customer but to a different job. I think what you have suggested will work. Thanks again, very new to this!
  • Sheryl_10313093
    Sheryl_10313093 Member Posts: 57
    edited April 2020
    I am trying to do this in RAH.  When I created the credit note it was to a specific job, RAH won't recognize that credit for any of the open invoices.  Therefore, I am unable to apply that credit to the customers account.  Advice please?