In R1 I can't enter super. It keeps showing up as $0

Ani TarnokAni Tarnok Member Posts: 12
edited August 2019 in Other Reckon Products
In R1 I can't enter super.  It keeps showing up as $0.  Even when I get to the threshold it still won't show up.  Do I have to manually calculate it? If so, how do I put it in R1?  I've read a post that said it automatically should be uploaded when doing pays.  I've gone into Employees and tweaked things eg overriding default super rate with 9.5%, then tried the actual monetary amount and still no luck. I've watched the videos and it shows how R1 automatically imports info.  It doesn't for me.  What am I doing wrong please?

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The super payroll item is corrupt. You need to recreate it. This happens
  • Lynda ChaterLynda Chater Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Hi Ani

You need to go through the payroll set up and ensure that your superannuation items, accounts and dates are all correct.  It only takes one of these not to be input correctly and this will not calculate.

You will then need to reverse the payrolls done so that it will calculate.

I too was frustrated until I located the correction that needed to be done.

Lynda

• LukeLuke Reckon Staff Posts: 281
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ani,

Just to add to Lynda's suggestions, you will need to ensure that in the employee's record that a super fund has been selected in their 'Pay set up' tab.

The final thing to check would be to ensure that in the settings of the super item, it has your pay items ticked. To check this go to the COG wheel > Settings > Pay items > Super guarantee > Pay items included

I hope this helps.

Luke.
  • Ani TarnokAni Tarnok Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2017
    Thanks, now I know I'm not going out of my mind.  I went around in circles yesterday.

edited October 2017
    Thanks. I'll try this and post if and when I fix it.

• ShisirShisir Reckon Staff Posts: 257
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ani,
    Please check this Kb Article. probably the 2nd reason in this article applies to you. My pay is above the Super threshold limit, yet it is not accruing Super, why? (http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5556 )
    Regards
    Shisir 
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Sounds like fun. Well, for a while.
    edited October 2017
    Hi Luke, yes, I had done this at one stage, but I'd unticked it in trying everything out to resolve issue.  It now works. Thanks.
    edited October 2017
    Hi Shisir. Thanks for the article.  What Luke said earlier made sense but didn't really sink in as I didn't correctly read the pay items part he mentioned.  The article explained "pay items used to pay your employee".  Rather obvious, but I'd missed it. Thanks for your help.