How do I delete a Payroll schedule with no employees attached?

Options
Jade_8243107
Jade_8243107 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in Payroll Premier
Hello, 

I want to remove a payroll schedule. There was one employee on this particular schedule (as everyone else was paid on another cycle) and now this employee is a contract. I have put in the late date of pay in the employee's profile but I don't want to terminate the employee encase they change from a contractor to an employee again, so I have just made the employee inactive. The payroll schedule has no employees in it but I can't delete it or make it inactive, can anyone help me? 

I am working with 2016 version. 

Thanks for any help given. 

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Rachael

If you go back into the Employee Card File > Payroll and Compensation Info and remove the Payroll Schedule from that particular employee you will be able to delete or make the schedule inactive. 

Perhaps you have another inactive employee linked to the schedule that you are unaware of.

If you go to the 'lists' dropdown menu add edit columns, add Payroll Schedule, select all employees, then click on the Payroll Schedule to sort by Schedule.  You will be able to see what employees are linked to that schedule.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Reckon Accredited Consultant

www.chapmanofficeservices.com

• Jade_8243107
    Jade_8243107 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey Kim, 

Thanks so much, that worked perfectly. Even thought the employee was inactive it still showed up in her employee card.
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Rachael. Glad it worked. Sorry Just realised that you were using Payroll Premier. Principles are the same though. Glad it worked. Kind Regards Kim Chapman
  • accountsgrs
    accountsgrs Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2020
    Options
    How do you make the payroll schedule inactive?  My problem is that I have deducted the wrong amount of tax for 1 of the employees in my payroll schedule and did not know until after the ABA file was created.  I want to reverse the whole payroll schedule and start again.  How to do this?