Clearing unbilled time and expenses

Amanda Mills
Amanda Mills Member Posts: 2
edited February 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I am using Reckon Hosted.
I have a lot of unbilled time and expenses that have not been allocated to invoices.  We are trying to run job profitability reports and they are not correct as this time is not showing.
The invoices have already been created and sent to the clients and some have been paid.

Is there any way to allocate these items to the job without deleting and redoing the invoices? 
I know in another accounting system you could do a zero invoice and clear the work in progress?

Thanks.

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited February 2019
    When you create the invoices - do you use the "Add time & Costs" ?? 
  • Amanda Mills
    Amanda Mills Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    The invoices have been created by the owner of the company I work for and he hasn't used the "Add time & costs" tab.  So need to find an easy way to clear the unbilled costs.

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited November 2017
    Im not sure if there is an "easy" way - I have had to do this also going back more than 5 years -Generate a report called "unbilled costs by job" under the "Jobs/time & Milage in the reports menu" from there drill down onto each expense/time and clear the tick - this is a long process.... would like to know if anyone else has an easier way.  
  • Kristy James
    Kristy James Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2019
    Hi. You can open the invoice, add the time and costs then close and save the invoice. Open the invoice again and use "ctrl + delete" to remove the tines and costs just added and save and close again. This will take them off your unbilled list but not change the invoice. Still abit oif an effort but a bit quicker than doing each one individually.