duplicated transactions by Reckon One in upload of CSV and QIF files

Tony Stagnitta
Tony Stagnitta Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
For the last couple of quarters Reckon one has duplicated many transactions in the st George bank uploads using either CSV files or QIF files. So I ended up doing a mini bank rec. Anybody else have this problem? I have notified Reckon in detail 6 months ago but no response. There are no  duplication errors on the upload files. I am an accountant so I know what I am doing.

Comments

• Tony Stagnitta
    edited November 2017
    I upload manually. At first no issues. Being a user for over 2 years.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community, tony.

Very strange behaviour and not heard of until this post.  

Can you confirm that when you open in Notepad (or other text editor) the CSV/QIF file you are importing, the transactions appear there only once?

Are you able to provide screenshots (send to community@reckon.com) of the source file and how it appears on the New tab of your bank ledger account?

regards,
    John
  • Tony Stagnitta
    edited November 2017
    Thanks John,
    Yes only appear once. Yes I can send snapshots. Ready to go.
    Will send now.

Tony

• John G
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Tony, I got your files.

I see 1 transaction is in Reckon One 3 times and 2 are in there twice, and the other 7 singularly.
    Is that correct or have the other duplicates been deleted from Reckon One?  

When you imported the CSV/QIF file, did you process it all in the one session, or did you process a few, closed Reckon One and returned later?

At any stage did you have a need to re-import the file?

regards,
    John.
  • Tony Stagnitta
    edited November 2017
    John,

- I only focused on 3 July 2017 duplications - there are more further on. Duplicated transactions were $111.89, 209.71twice. $56.41 & $77.02 not duplicated. Strange.
    - There were previous uploads to test uploading. No processing occurred that is no coding. New upload just overides previous version of uncoded transactions just fine.
    - Re uploading may be an issue but as you can see the duplications are selective so not all transactions are duplicated.
    - I suppose the suggestion will be upload once only and hope for the best next time;-) but realistically the software is meant to cancel the previous upload. Also re uploading is the best way to cancel transaction that are uncoded.

Tony
  • Tony Stagnitta
    edited November 2017
    John,
    It's officially a disaster. Every day duplicated transactions. So now I have to manually decide if it is a duplication then delete the transaction and hope it reconciles to month end. Looks like some have tripled. As an accountant I will fix it but you know ....
  • John G
    edited November 2017
    Hello Tony,

Very unusual behaviour and no such behaviour being reported by other users.  Please call technical support for some one-to-one attention to this problem.

regards,
    John

• Tony Stagnitta
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for that. I thing I will give it the previous option next qtr. Only 1 upload for full three months so there is no overide.