Upgrade to Personal Plus 2018

Kel Luke
Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
I have recently (October 2017) upgraded to a full licence version of Reckon Personal Plus. I have downloaded the "new" version and duly received the CD. Even tho I had already been using Reckon PP 2017 I went thru the usual procedure of deleting the program and then re- installing. All that was successful. Then, several weeks later I received an invitation by email from Reckon, to upgrade to Reckon PP 2018 which I attempted to access. After the ritual of deleting and re- installing I find that the program is still the 2017 version. Can anyone enlighten me about just what is the current status of Reckon PP ??  

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Kel,

If its still 2017 then it means you uninstalled 2017 and then installed 2017.  You should install 2018 after uninstalling 2017.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Kel Luke
    edited November 2017
    Shane,
    Thanks for the reply. However, in the options listed for the upgrade there is only one that might be relevant  i.e." 2017 upgrade". I don't think that is equivalent to Reckon 2018 as per the invite to upgrade.

Regards,

Kel
  • Margaret Norris
    Margaret Norris Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2020

Shane and Kel,

This sounds like the same problem that I raised with Reckon about 3 weeks ago in a different thread.  I got a reply from Rav to advise that "we will look into it".  No reply received yet and frankly, none expected!

After complelely uninstalling RAP 2017, I installed RAP 2018 "upgrade" as per the instructions.  However, the spash screen which comes up when the program is launched displays the 2017 heading (red colour).  The only way that I can overcome the problem is to open the program as an administrator and when the program is launched in this manner, the correct splash screen (black) is displayed with the 2018 identification.

Clearly, this problem is too difficult for Reckon support.  It is obviously a very poor uninstall process and there are probably some file elements and registry entries that have not been removed.

When checking the program properties in the About Reckon Accounts line of the help tab, it appears that the 2018 edition is correctly installed.

Margaret

• Kel Luke
    edited November 2017
    Margaret,

Apologies for the late response but I did try to acknowledge your comment a week ago but apparently without success.  Similar with this 'upgrade'. I think I might just wait for six months or so by which time someone might have sorted out this problem.

Kel
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Kel you are able to request a CD, if you are unable to download the correct version (2018), although you should be able to access the correct version IF you are a paid subscription customer.  I have a CD if you need one BUT you will need an installation key, have you checked if your subscription is up to date?  Or am I confused what has happened?

Robyn

• Kel Luke
    edited September 2019
    Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your offer re the CD, that is very generous.  The background to this is that I renewed my licence in October, although this time I purchased a full licence through a Reckon vendor. I duly received the new 2017 CD even tho I had been using 2017 since last year. Then, 10 days after changing to the full licence, I had the invitation from Reckon to upgrade to PP 2018. When I followed the link in their email there were only two options listed i.e. 2017 or 2017 upgrade. No mention of PP 2018.

I chose the 2017 upgrade thinking that this may have just been Reckon's terminology for the new year version. After uninstalling and re-installing the download I discovered that I still had the 2017 version.  My email enquiry to the vendor went unanswered - (must be a Reckon feature!). Hence my query via this community page. Perhaps my problem is connected with the full licence?. In any event, not much changes from one year to the next so I can wait to see if I can download the new version in the New year. 

Regards,

Kel

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2017

I'm thinking it was a timing issue Kel.  I think if you contact Reckon direct you will be able to get the 2018 upgrade.  The 2018 version has only just been released.  When you log in to download, you need your customer ID & PIN.  You may not know these if you purchased from a vendor.  Also Reckon's website may not have at the time had the correct link to the newer 2018 version.

If you need me to follow up with Reckon please email me:

robyn@robynkelly.com.au

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• Kel Luke
    edited November 2017
    Hi Robyn, I seems my first attempt to respond has gone into the internet ether! Thanks again for your input.  I have both my user ID and the PIN and indeed, nothing changed from my earlier annual subscription days. I will follow your advice and try my luck with  the Reckon website.. 

Regards,

Kel

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited December 2017

Not sure if you are aware where to go but this should allow you to find the information you need:

http://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx 

• Kel Luke
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the tip but, no luck!  Same as the link from the Reckon email. I am able to log in OK but then at the page "Select your Product" I am only offered Reckon Personal Plus 2017 Upgrade. That is the option I tried initially when I received the invite to upgrade to 2018. 

Regards,
    Kel  

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited September 2019
    Kel, I suggest you contact Reckon support as the customer ID may not be showing correctly. Rav or Shane are you able to help Kel sort out why she can't see the 2018 download please?
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited September 2019

Since there's been no reply from Reckon - do you have your customer ID - could you please email me robyn@robynkelly.com.au & I'll find out what's going on for you.

Thanks, Robyn Kelly

• Kel Luke
    edited December 2017
    Robyn,

Thanks for your continuing interest. I don't expect any replies from Reckon so I am seldom disappointed. I must admit tho I had temporarily given up on this but if you can find an answer it would be greatly appreciated. My Customer ID is 841279.  If you need the password as well just let me know. 
    Perhaps it is due to the change in my licence. As I mentioned, I changed to a full licence in October last (the 20th to be precise) so perhaps with this kind of licence there is no update facility??

Regards,

Kel