Delete project error: An unexpected error occurred

Paul McKay
Paul McKay Member Posts: 3
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
I just started my trial of Reckon One yesterday and I've had to stop today.

When I attempt to delete a project, a message dialog appears titled 'Delete project error' with the content 'An unexpected error occurred'.  There are no transactions linked to the project.

Would someone from support advise?

Comments

• Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited October 2017
    Hi Paul

Sorry to hear you have been having problems trialling Reckon One. 

The error message you refer to can also be shown if you have any estimates, items or customers linked to the project. Is it possible you have any of these linked? These will not be displayed on the trial balance so may have been missed.

If this is not the case, or you want to talk through the issue, a member of our support team will gladly help you out. If you send us some contact details, we can arrange a call.

If you are UK based, please email onlinesupportuk@reckon.com

If you are Australia or New Zealand based, please email onlinesupport@reckon.com

Alternatively, you can use the telephone support line for the country you are based in.

Cheers

Jon Martingale
    Reckon One UK
  • Paul McKay
    Paul McKay Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick response. 

To double check any dependencies, I added another project and attempted to delete it.  I didn't do anything else in between the add and delete and the same error message appeared.

So far I have entered only one supplier, one transaction, and zero customers.

I'll contact support tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited October 2017
    Hey Paul

I've done the same here and can successfully delete projects. The only time I have an issue is where I have an estimate, item or customer linked (I avoided transactions as we know that will cause an issue).

It definitely would be helpful if you could contact your regional support centre. We can then investigate the specifics of your issue.

Regards

Jon Martingale
    Reckon One UK
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    01/12/17 Hi Paul, The project deletion issue should now be resolved. Regards, Scott.