Error message

Jodie_8082126
Jodie_8082126 Member Posts: 30
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I keep getting an error message every time i try and save a new invoice, has anyone else experienced this and found a solution, please. Getting on both Firefox and explorer.  Thanks.

(edited by Administrator)

Comments

• Margaret Faint
    Margaret Faint Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Hi Jodie, I'm having exactly the same thing happening. The interesting thing though, is that it is actually saving the invoice. I ended up with 2 invoices the same the first time this happened, about a week ago. So once I get the error message, then I go to cancel, and it takes you back to the 'all invoices' screen, and you'll find your invoice is there, and you can open and print from there, as well as email. Pretty long winded work around though, and hopefully will be fixed soon. Would like to know someone is aware of it and working on it - that would be nice, hey?
    Cheers
    Margaret
  • Dean_7038389
    Dean_7038389 Alumni Posts: 22
    edited November 2017
    Hi all,

We are currently working on the issue and will hopefully have it resolved as soon as possible. Once it is resolved, we will notify the community.

Regards

Dean
  • Luke Southwell
    Luke Southwell Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Hi,

We have had the same issue for the last two to three weeks and have had to work around it, and were told it was our internet connection which was incorrect as we tried from several computers/connections with the same outcome. At the current moment we are unable to even add an invoice - I am hoping it is due to the problem being fixed.

Thanks
    Malinda
  • Jodie_8082126
    edited April 2020
    Still having above issue but also now I can not make changes to my templates either, please advise approximate eta on fixing these issues.

Thanks

Jodie
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi guys,
    I know its been a while putting up with this issue so far and I'm really sorry about that. I've just touched base with the Reckon One team and we definitely haven't forgotten about this one. Its currently assigned with our Development team and actively being worked on.
    Hope to have some more news on progress or resolution after next week. Will keep you all posted

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jodie_8082126
    edited December 2017
    Rav,
            So they are also aware that screen freezes in thinking mode when you try to get into invoice templates?
  • gr
    gr Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2017
    I've had this problem for about 6 months now Rav. Way beyond a joke and such a time waster. Seriously considering dumping Reckon One now.
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2020
    06/12/2017

Hi guys,

I believe the issue is due to the logo file that is currently configured for the invoice template that you use.

To confirm this, before you save your next invoice, first change the invoice template from the one you have previously been using to a different one that has no logo file associated.

You can do this by clicking the 'Change template' link below the 'Save & close' button then click the 'Use this' option for a different template.

Hopefully the invoice will save without any 'Unexpected error' message. If this works then see if you can create a new logo file & use the new logo file for your invoice template to replace you existing logo file.

The recommend logo specs for R1 are

Dimensions: 470px by 125px
    Resolution: 300dpi
    File size: 2MB or less

Note: If your logo image file dimensions exceed 470px by 125px then they will be automatically scaled down to fit within these dimensions. My advice would be to use a file where the dimensions don't excessively over exceed these dimensions. For more info on this see this thread https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-invoice-logos
  • gr
    gr Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2017
    I don't understand if that was the cause why it would then right itself after a couple of days. I tried it anyway but it's still doing it.

• johndomeney
    johndomeney Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Well I have totally disabled my logo and I am still getting the problem.
    It is becoming a major pain. 
    Im not impressed with an email from support sending me to a forum where a whole lot more people are having issues, its not really the solution i was after.
    The first message here is one month old- still no progress?

• Jodie_8082126
    edited January 2018
    Hi Qwerty,
                      Thank you for above suggestion it has fixed my first issue, however I think that I have a logo on another template but every time I go in to try and delete it my system is getting stuck in thinking mode. Any suggestions please.  Jodie